Error on 2005 Donruss Fran Tarkenton Pro Bowl Jersey Card?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Error on 2005 Donruss Fran Tarkenton Pro Bowl Jersey Card?

Originally posted by both-teams-played-hard
    Sir? Who? What? When? Where? How?
    The photo of Fran on the card shows the '71 Pro Bowl Game. The earlier posted news article verifies the '71 game as the only game he played. The Jersey posted by Eric and the photo of Fran on the card are not the same jersey. Different fonts on the "1"s.
    My teeth are beginning to hurt, so will someone explain what I'm missing?
    They make something to put in your mouth to help with your grinding teeth issues.

Comment

• RKO18
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by both-teams-played-hard
      Sir? Who? What? When? Where? How?
      The photo of Fran on the card shows the '71 Pro Bowl Game. The earlier posted news article verifies the '71 game as the only game he played. The Jersey posted by Eric and the photo of Fran on the card are not the same jersey. Different fonts on the "1"s.
      My teeth are beginning to hurt, so will someone explain what I'm missing?
      What helped partially restore my faith was the fact that the back of the card did not say that it was from the 1976 Pro Bowl, if that were the case, it would be even more of a blatant mistake. not to say that the 1976 on the front of the card isn't, but the fact that the back doesn't specify exactly which Pro Bowl its from makes it more likely to have been from the 1971 Pro Bowl.

Regarding the Jersey Eric posted, I'm not so certain that the front and back don't have different fonts but to be honest, I don't know. Nor do we have any way of knowing that the exact jersey found was actually used for the card.

Comment

• RKO18
        • Sep 2008

Breaking News:

We better hope that the jersey Eric found was not the one used for the card because I found another picture of Tarkenton from the 1971 Pro Bowl...

I had to look under "1971 Pro Bowl" instead of "Fran Tarkenton Pro Bowl". Now, do we know the date when the auction ended in 2005?

Comment

• RKO18
          • Sep 2008

Also, this is another player from the exact same game. Do the numbers on his jersey look screen-printed or sewn on?

Comment

Working...