Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Chris Nerat and Favre Story

I missed that Chris had moved on and left MEARS already, curious where he went and what the llikelihood of him following up on that excellent Brett Farve jersey piece he did is.

Re: Chris Nerat and Favre Story

Hey guys, The MEARS gig didnt go as planned... I could go into detail, but I would rather keep that info private.

As for the Favre story ... not sure who I would write the story for, now that I no longer work for SCD.

If anyone has any questions about the Favre story, I will try to answer them. Keep in mind, anything I felt I could put in the story was put in there. It was a long and tedious process after Thomason got lawyers and private investigators involved. Everyone became very tight lipped.
    Thank you,
    Chris Nerat

P.S. My signature should be erased and will be from now on, since I no longer am at SCD.

"As for the Favre story ... not sure who I would write the story for, now that I no longer work for SCD."

GUF.

"If anyone has any questions about the Favre story, I will try to answer them. Keep in mind, anything I felt I could put in the story was put in there. It was a long and tedious process after Thomason got lawyers and private investigators involved. Everyone became very tight lipped."

i think the million dollar question that everyone wanted answered was where the jerseys were coming from. favre signed bad jerseys. who gave them to favre? thomason?

did anyone even try to contact favre and get his statement on the entire matter? is favre even aware of what went on?

would've made for a real nice o'keeffe article. concrete evidence of one of the most illustrious players in NFL history directly selling bad jerseys and it seemed like noone was interesting in following up.

rudy.

Banned

That was one of the better investigative pieces I've seen in the hobby in a long while, and it screams for a follow up. Leaving it hanging leaves a huge cloud over the Favre operation to be sure with alot of people potentially affected.

Sounds as though the story dies there, though. Really disappointed, hope the authorities at least are investigating.

I 100 percent agree with you guys. With all do respect, my investigation spanned 3 months long, and I think you can tell from how detailed the story was, that I covered my bases. That said... my number one goal when I wrote this story was to get to the bottom of who was creating these jerseys.

I interviewed the Packers, Favre's agent, Favre's "pilot," left messages for Favre's wife, left messages for Red Batty, left messages for the head of Ripon Athletics... Long story short, I couldnt find out who was creating these pieces. Nobody would fess up. Do I have my opinions of who did it... yes I do, but I was very careful to only provide facts in the story. I couldnt give my opinions.

Believe me... I tried my hardest. I really did.

The good thing is, the sales of these fake jerseys seemed to stop right away.

The one thing that I would like to know, is how many people who bought these jerseys found out after my article came out that they also had a fake.

I assume the private investigators could answer this. But will they? I dont know.

if you can't find out how favre ended up selling bad shirts, then how about doing a follow-up finding folks who bought bad shirts and what remedies they pursued? did they keep them? burn them? dump them into auctions? or better yet, did they pursue refunds from favre's camp and if so, were they refunded their money? did they have to fight with favre's people for their money back or were refunds given easily? maybe also some details of how their refunds went, who they dealt with, and let other owners of bad favre shirts know how they can get refunds.

rudy.

Rudy... the info about what people can do if they have bad shirts is already in the article... As far as finding out who has a shirt with Favre paper work, how do you suggest I do this?

When I was doing my initial research I went on various message boards, including this one, asking who has purchased a Favre gamer with Favre paperwork... from what I remember, I only heard from one or two people (if that) who bought one.

Hi Chris, nice to see you here!

I have subscribed to Sports Collectors Digest off and on for twenty years now, and I'd be curious of your opinion of how things are going there. I hate to say it, but it looks like the writing is on the wall when it comes to the (lack of) health with the publication. Any thoughts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

"As far as finding out who has a shirt with Favre paper work, how do you suggest I do this?"

get on the internets! make a facebook page called "bad favre shirts"! get on myspace! make a "twelve months of bad favre jerseys" calendar on cafepress! a new bad favre jersey every month! get on craigslist! you can score some bad favre shirts, used furniture and maybe even a few dates with some local milwaukee ladies! where are your youtube videos about this? come on man, use your noodle! you managed to track down lou lampson, a man so elusive that some even doubted his very existence, for some 6-part youtube softball interview series yet you can't find several owners of bad favre shirts?

"When I was doing my initial research I went on various message boards, including this one, asking who has purchased a Favre gamer with Favre paperwork... from what I remember, I only heard from one or two people (if that) who bought one."

that was then, this is now! before, those folks didn't have any reason to help out. they were ambivalent because back then they weren't sitting on bad favre jerseys. now they are! hell hath no fury like a collector scorned! go go go!! the pulitzer is yours to lose! pretend you're a terrier and this story is a hamhock!

rudy.