Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: O/T: Why do people bid so early on ebay?

It seems to me like it's just an example of how expensive it can be to not think things through. For smaller items, an early bid probably doesn't affect the price too much since there may only be one or two other bidders out there that are interested in it. But for these bigger items, I think bidders are just sucking money out of their own wallets by bidding early--and especially with the early, incremental bidding. It just seems like one-ups-manship to me...

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    kellsox,
    I guarantee when both of there careers are over with, Cano will come out to be the better player out of the two. Dustin will be one of those players that have acouple good seasons and then fall off the face of the earth. Not just because im a yankee fan but i rather take Cano over Dustin any day of the week.
    Dont't know what you're basing your guarantee on. Right now Canos got some catching up to do. I don't really see him as a leader, also no rings/no Mvps- all things that Pedroia has.

I know Cano has not won a MVP or a World series yet(2009), but Cano is over all the better player. He has better range at second,morepowerful arm, more power, can hit for a higher average, drives in more runs. Also Dustin should not have won the MVP last year. He did not led the league in home-runs, average, RBI's, runs. I think all he had was hits and maybe doubles. And cano should have won ROY in 2005.

I swear, if there's one more post about Cano or Pedrioa...

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I know Cano has not won a MVP or a World series yet(2009), but Cano is over all the better player. He has better range at second,morepowerful arm, more power, can hit for a higher average, drives in more runs. Also Dustin should not have won the MVP last year. He did not led the league in home-runs, average, RBI's, runs. I think all he had was hits and maybe doubles. And cano should have won ROY in 2005.
    I'd love to have a good baseball argument with you but i don't think you're willing to see the other side- Pedroia led the league in runs, doubles and tied for the lead in hits- 5th in overall batting average. Based on voting Pedroia was the clear mvp(16 of the 28 1st place votes- no one else had more than 7). As for defense, he won the gold glove. Please tell me 1 thing that Cano has done better than Pedroia. Cano's a nice player but has done nothing to separate himself from his peers at his position.
    k

treant-
    I'm done-

Smile Re: O/T: Why do people bid so early on ebay?

yep and kinsler is better than all of them lol
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

You'll see this year what Cano can do. And im also done for now.

Maybe this whole Cano/Pedrioa thing is an example of another reason why people tend to bid early: they see something from their favorite (or one of their favorite) players, and it's kind of like an impulse to want to bid on it.

OK, back on topic here..............

The hell with bidding...........SNIPE IT!!!!