Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Manny Ramirez Dodgers Jersey in Historic Auctions

The exterior tag shows good use with "PROPERTY OF LOS ANGELES DODGERS 2008" faded a little while the interior "0063" washing tag makes it look like a brand new jersey. Atleast one washing could make the tag curl, but as you can see, the picture of the "0063" tag was taken without anyone holding it out to un-curl it. Besides all of that, there's no Steiner letter or MLB hologram, which you would expect to see for a Manny Ramirez Dodgers jersey.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Re: Manny Ramirez Dodgers Jersey in Historic Auctions

i guess my 2 cents differs. i don't believe the exterior tag shows good use. i can't see any fading. if there's a miniscule amount it might be as a result of the camera/lighting or a result of the printer that printed the tag. i also don't believe tag curling would start after 1 wash anymore than it currently is. try the experiment out yourself...many pants come with similar paper tags (my eddie bauer khakis do). get a pair..toss 'em in the wash once. see if the tag curls.

finally, sean mahoney of steiner has said that the reason steiner didn't receive any ramirez dodgers shirts was because ramirez took them all and didn't give steiner any.

rudy.

For comparison, Ron at Calif. Sports Investments has home and road Manny's for sale:

http://www.californiasportsinv.com/p...d=42&sportid=1

Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

there don't appear to be any steiner or mlb stickers on any of ron's 2008 dodgers shirts. looks like ramirez wasn't the only one to give his shirts to another marketing outfit.

rudy.

a couple months ago, GFC had a 2008 road ramirez for sale on their website. no MLB or steiner sticker.

rudy.

[B]There seems to be a lot of Manny home Dodgers jersey floating around.
    Manny played a few months for the Dodgers in 2008 and I bet you he used only one home and away jersey for the rest of 2008 season, those jerseys you see were most likely hanging in his locker and did not see any game use, that's why the tags are so crisp.

I was offered a signed Manny Dodgers home jersey last year with a 2" extra length tag, the tags were crisp and the autograph was his fast version located on the back above his number, I passed on the jersey as I don't think it was game worn.

Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    [B]There seems to be a lot of Manny home Dodgers jersey floating around.
    Manny played a few months for the Dodgers in 2008 and I bet you he used only one home and away jersey for the rest of 2008 season, those jerseys you see were most likely hanging in his locker and did not see any game use, that's why the tags are so crisp.

I was offered a signed Manny Dodgers home jersey last year with a 2" extra length tag, the tags were crisp and the autograph was his fast version located on the back above his number, I passed on the jersey as I don't think it was game worn.

Bobby
    I made a mistake the tag was a -2" body tag, which was attached above the 0063 wash tag.

Bobby

I am familiar with all of the jerseys being spoken of here.

Ron's are bad. Even if he thinks it's good and received it from a "reputable" Dodger source he thinks is a friend.

So are all the rest.

This Historic Auctions one is a laugher too.

Manny keeps his game used stuff. I think it goes to family, friends, and if he decides down the road, maybe a piece or two to auction....but that's not happened with his Dodger stuff.

Look at the jersey in the Historic Auctions. Here's all you need to know...

The spacing between the letters on the back are too close....at the bottom, and all the way up between them. This is THE classic "giveaway" when you see these jerseys. Also, the "R" and the "Z", the first and last letters, respectively, are not properly placed in respect to the number "99" on the back. They almost line up with the outside of the numbers, maybe extending past them just a minute amount.

For comparison's sake, check out any of the pictures on getty images of Manny, which shows his nob, and you'll see the difference. There is more "white jersey" space between the "I" on Manny gamers than the thickness of the "I" itself, between the "M" and the "R" on either side of it......that is not the case on ALL of these other jerseys. It is not happenstance people, it is a consistent phenomenon on all of these so-called "Manny gamers" being sold out in the public.

These offered albatrosses are NOT made for game use. They are NOT of the same quality in placement of the name on the back, instead intentionally set a bit closer, maybe for identification of this fact.

So the real question is.....who is supplying these dupes to the public? Are they maybe being ordered by the Dodger organization as "giveaways" to special baseball people, or their families? Are they some kind of a marketing tool, placed on display at certain events, which happen to end up in the public's hands misrepresented at that point as Manny gamers?

It's a mystery....I hope one day gets solved, because people are getting duped here.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    I am familiar with all of the jerseys being spoken of here.

Ron's are bad. Even if he thinks it's good and received it from a "reputable" Dodger source he thinks is a friend.

So are all the rest.

This Historic Auctions one is a laugher too.

Manny keeps his game used stuff. I think it goes to family, friends, and if he decides down the road, maybe a piece or two to auction....but that's not happened with his Dodger stuff.

Look at the jersey in the Historic Auctions. Here's all you need to know...

The spacing between the letters on the back are too close....at the bottom, and all the way up between them. This is THE classic "giveaway" when you see these jerseys. Also, the "R" and the "Z", the first and last letters, respectively, are not properly placed in respect to the number "99" on the back. They almost line up with the outside of the numbers, maybe extending past them just a minute amount.

For comparison's sake, check out any of the pictures on getty images of Manny, which shows his nob, and you'll see the difference. There is more "white jersey" space between the "I" on Manny gamers than the thickness of the "I" itself, between the "M" and the "R" on either side of it......that is not the case on ALL of these other jerseys. It is not happenstance people, it is a consistent phenomenon on all of these so-called "Manny gamers" being sold out in the public.

These offered albatrosses are NOT made for game use. They are NOT of the same quality in placement of the name on the back, instead intentionally set a bit closer, maybe for identification of this fact.

So the real question is.....who is supplying these dupes to the public? Are they maybe being ordered by the Dodger organization as "giveaways" to special baseball people, or their families? Are they some kind of a marketing tool, placed on display at certain events, which happen to end up in the public's hands misrepresented at that point as Manny gamers?

It's a mystery....I hope one day gets solved, because people are getting duped here.
    Suicide,

Good eye, I completely agree with you on the nameplate and numbers.

Also, think about it, if your a MLB player wouldn't you want to wear the same broken in jersey for games?

Also, I have seen pics of Manny's Red Sox pants were you can see multiple sew repair stitching on the backside, he uses the same pants until they cant be worn any longer, I would think it would be the same for his jerseys.

These jerseys are a joke!

Bobb
    y
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Here are a few pictures for your comparison.....you be the judge.

It becomes fairly easy to see the spacing difference between the letters...

The first picture is the Historic Auctions jersey Kyle brought in question....The rest are Manny gamers
    Attached Images Attached Images