Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Any Way To Get Packing Peanuts Off of Pinetar?

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    just curious how it was packaged and how this could have been prevented. should the bat have been in a plastic or would that stick also to the pinetar. just wandering what advice or packing directions to an item that is stickey.
    Tha best way to ship a game used bat in in a clear plastic bat tube with a small square piece of small-bubbled bubble wrap, cut to about a 3" x 6 1/2" piece, folded over (doubled up) and slid all the way to the bottom of the bat tube where the end of the barrel will settle.

Then take another piece of the same bubble wrap, cut it to a 3" wide by 12-14" long piece, and wrap it around the handle of the bat until it fills the void in the tube. Then, place another piece of bubble wrap at the top (end of the handle) before placing the black rubber end cap on.

This will keep the bat in a suspended state, not rubbing any signature that may be on it, and not allow any "rubbing" on any surface of the bat while it's in transit. Any other way is risking damage to it.

Well, I took Gameused's advice and sat there picking with tweezers for nearly 2 hours. I'm much more pleased now. Not perfect by any means. But, it displays much nicer now. What do you guys think?

Mike

Mike -

Looks much better...

BUT, where are my Chocolate Eggs?!?!

All the best -

Chris

I'd take the earlier advice.....I'd still seek out the seller and beat him with the bat...