Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT: A Shoutout To My 11-7 (.611) Buccos...

only 5 teams have a better winning percentage and in their last 9 games they've taken 2 of 3 from atlanta, swept the marlins and taken 2 of 3 from the padres. of course the bad news is it's a 162 game season and the bucs haven't finished above .500 in a whopping 16 years - they will bypass the phillies and set the mlb record for futility, 17 consecutive losing seasons, if they finish below .500 again this year... mama mia.

robert

Re: OT: A Shoutout To My 11-7 (.611) Buccos...

What's this got to do with football helmets? Get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    only 5 teams have a better winning percentage and in their last 9 games they've taken 2 of 3 from atlanta, swept the marlins and taken 2 of 3 from the padres. of course the bad news is it's a 162 game season and the bucs haven't finished above .500 in a whopping 16 years - they will bypass the phillies and set the mlb record for futility, 17 consecutive losing seasons, if they finish below .500 again this year... mama mia.

All true. Yet we still love our Pirates! Must say something about us (though I'm not exactly sure what that is).
    You can see my entire Clemson Tigers collection here with over 30 items.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a83...eys/?start=all

SamFinley@charter.net

Quote Originally Posted by helmets View Post
    What's this got to do with football helmets? Get back to work!
    following the bucs allows for much work to get done!

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKADixie
    All true. Yet we still love our Pirates! Must say something about us (though I'm not exactly sure what that is).
    all the more sweet when they return to glory....

robert

like clockwork - give a shout out to the boys and they promptly go 1-8, lose 8 of their next 9. good grief...

robert

aeneas01,

Not only that, but this streak has contained some particularly painful torture -- even for the Buccos' standards -- in the form of their 17th straight loss to Milwaukee and three shutouts against in four games. Somebody please release me from the baseball purgatory in which I have been stuck for 17 years -- I have tried but I can't give them up. Oh well, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health.........

I put the whammy hex on them so that you will have more time for meaningful educational posts. Post some photos of your own helmets, and I will remove the hex.

Quote Originally Posted by helmets View Post
    I put the whammy hex on them so that you will have more time for meaningful educational posts. Post some photos of your own helmets, and I will remove the hex.
    I second that. Well, I don't know about the hex, yet, I would love to see some helmets from your collection Robert.

ask and you shall receive... the first collection i obtained from a well known tavern in the boston area, hooligan's, where both the boston patriots and visiting teams frequented after games in the '50s, '60s and '70s. every helmet, except for the falcons, belonged to a hall of famer - if the falcons ever put a guy in the hall (that started with their franchise), then this collection would be complete, i would find that player's name somewhere on the lid. i was very lucky to land this collection, it was in the owner of the tavern's family for five decades, but i happened to be one helluva bagpiper in my youth and worked out a trade, had quite a following. long since closed, sadly, no survivors of the family either - heck, can't even find anyone that remembers the place, or any google hits, it was on....

now this collection carries a lot of sentimental value given that pop, rest his soul, and i would travel the countryside when i was just a kid, during my summer breaks, and drop in on our favorite players. pop would shave my head and fit me with a gauze eye patch during these trips, still not sure why, but we never seemed to leave a house without a helmet. those were the days...

robert

Robert,

I hate to say this but I'm afraid you may have been duped on the BRONCS lids in your stellar collection.

Mask placement is way off on the lid in the upper picture and it is pretty clear to me that the center stripe on the helmet in the lower picture is from an 1987 7-11 gumball machine, but the shell color dates itself as a 1984 Shop-N-Go version.

Sorry to break the bad news to you!

Thanks,

Tom