Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Removing Signature from a baseball

I just picked up a dual signed baseball and didnt want the one signature, Any ideas how to safely remove it?

Re: Removing Signature from a baseball

I heard that the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works good but if you're dealing with a really expensive baseball then I'd send it to a professional. There are companies out there that remove it without it ever looking like it was there.....but the only problem though is that they're not cheap.

signedbaseballmagic.com,they made my 1938 Yankees team signed ball into a sweet spot Gehrig baseball,and you cant tell ,amazing!

Its not a super expensive ball, has anyone ever used the mr. clean? Does it leave any kind of marks or anything? And which side should be used?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyla2000 View Post
    signedbaseballmagic.com,they made my 1938 Yankees team signed ball into a sweet spot Gehrig baseball,and you cant tell ,amazing!
    Are you serious?

Ive used mr. clean on old bats that have some unwanted writing and you have to be very gentle. Even then, its wears a little on a bat. I bet it really does a number on a ball. Id definitely test it on a different ball first and see how it works.

Id personally not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyla2000 View Post

Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

They have been around for a few years. Its good for single signed baseball collectors. PSA/DNA, JSA, and Richard Simon that I know of will disclose the fact that the baseball has had signatures removed. If you look at the baseball under a black light is shows where the "chemicals" were used to remove the other signatures, but you cant notice upon regular inspection. But when the ball is gettin authenticated, the top 2 authentication companies note this, as single signed baseballs of some of the past stars go for records amounts to compared to multi signed baseballs.

And dirtyla2000 , I wouldv'e just kept that 1938 Yankees team signed ball with all the signatures!!!! I know Gehrig single signed baseballs are rare, but man.......All comes down to personal preference

Quote Originally Posted by Capital-Sports View Post
    And dirtyla2000 , I wouldv'e just kept that 1938 Yankees team signed ball with all the signatures!!!! I know Gehrig single signed baseballs are rare, but man.......All comes down to personal preference

I thought the same thing.