Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Used Ripken Home Jersey 99 on Ebay?

I have contacted the Seller to get specifics on this Jersey? Anybody have any opinions on this? There appears to be no reserve on this which seems crazy if this is authentic. If the pics don't show up take a look at the auction on ebay. Any feedback from the Orioles experts would be really helpful.

Thanks
    Brett

Cal Ripken game used Orioles jersey

Item number: 8805421021

Own a piece of history!! This jersey belongs in the Hall of Fame!! This is a game used 1999 Cal Ripken Jr. jersey. This jersey is from the 1999 season, and is the O's home jersey. The jersey has everything stitched on. The jersey is a size 48+2" of extra length. There is a velcro between the second and third buttons.

Re: Game Used Ripken Home Jersey 99 on Ebay?

Photographs exist showing Cal wearing a jersey with this style Orioles script (which I call "super high 'i'") in 1999, so that's a plus. However--and remember, I'm making this judgement comparing small photos of a jersey shot on an angle to the Orioles 1999 jerseys I have in my collection--I don't like either '8' or the 'RIPKEN' on the back.

Thanks, I just realized that this jersey also has the 7 logo in honor of Cal Sr. passing. I don't know if you could buy the jersey's like this but that could be a plus to. The seller said he acquired it from a serious Orioles collector several years ago. Comes with a COA from the seller.

There was a jersey on ebay a couple months ago almost identicle to this one if I rememeber correctly listed as GAME ISSUED. It sold off of ebay on a side deal.

Jason

Thumbs up Re: Game Used Ripken Home Jersey 99 on Ebay?

There seems to be some real problems with this jersey. Although it looks like it has the proper tagging, it shows no game use in the pictures, the seller claims to have bought it from a really HUGH Ripken collector several years ago but does not remember his name. He also received an LOA from the Ripken collector but now cannot find the LOA. Several GUU members have said that a similar jersey sold on ebay several months ago that was clearly sold as Game Issued not Game Used. The seller insists that it will pass authentication from PSA/DNA, Grey Flannel etc. If anybody has any additional feedback please pass it along. The seller also told me when I asked him that he forgot to put a reserve on the auction. I don't know about anyone else, but if I am selling an authentic game worn Ripken that probably would bring $4k if it is the real deal, then I am not going to forget to put a reserve on the auction just in case the bidding never gets about $500.00 in the six days the auction is going on. There simply appears to be too many issues in question for this to be a real GAME USED Jersey.

Although I have no opinions as to the authenticity of this jersey, I will say that not putting a reserve doesn't point the wrong way. I know I won't bid on items with reserves most of the time, and I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way.

Banned

I agree with seven4five, I constantly list high end items with no reserve, normally the market pushes the bid to where I want it to go and have not been dissapointed yet.
    I dont put a reserve price not bcuz it is fake and im hoping i will make some kind of monet but i dont do it bcuz i dont want to have to pay the fee for the reserve and i sont want to scare potential bidders away.

Some people will not bid on an item bcuz there is a reserve bcuz they feel if there is a reserve its probably too high, and too close to the asking price anyway.

I am for one do not bid on items if they have a reserve bcuz i dont feel like wasting my time to bid on something to find out where the reserve is at!!!