Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Grey Flannel winners?

I got the Lito Sheppard Eagles gamer. How did you guys do?

Re: Grey Flannel winners?

Got outbid in the middle of the night. I know why they do it but I'm not a big fan of the entire auction closing at the same time. I'd prefer each lot to have its own 10-minute rule.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Thumbs up Re: Grey Flannel winners?

got nothing! stayed up till 3:30 am as the high bidder on 2 lot's without a counter bid on these lot's for 6 1/2 hour's. i couldn't keep my eye's open any longer so i went to bed. woke up at 6:00 to find out i was outbid around 4 am. these auction houses need to get there act together and realize that people on the west coast have an unfair advantage! i like most people have to work to make a living. they need to either close the auction's around 3pm est during the week or close lot's individualy when they go into extended bidding or my favorite choice. close the damn bidding on the weekend. saturday at noon would be fair to everyone. i live on the east coast and i'm tired of being outbid by a few dollars every f#!%^&"ing time only to lose these lot's because i can't stay up all night to fight with another bidder on the west coast who can win and still get to bed around 1am. i have lost the last 8 lot's i've bid on. i'm just about ready to call it quit's on these auction houses. it seem's they want you to jump thru hoop's, stay up all night for the privilage to bid in there auction's for a mear 40% commission for them! hell i'd have a better chance of winning if i could bring my money throw it in the middle of a ring and fight to the death for these lot's. there's no telling how much money these consigner's lose on there item's from bidder's who can't stay up all night. what ass#$%! came up with extended bidding anyway's? if they advertise a closing time for an auction, then they should do so at that time. get your max bid's in by that time, sale it and move on! was this type of bidding supposed to help? well it don't!!!!!!! i'm glad these auction houses are closing left and right. they take your money treat you like crap. hell i can't even bid in american memorabilia anymore. the only auction house to decline my bussiness, because i changed my mind 1 time to purchase something from them. the item wasn't part of a auction, but in the for sale section no less. i bought multiple item's at auction from them in the past, but did that mean a crap to them? no. sorry didn't mean to vent so long, but got only 1 1/2 hrs sleep last night and now i have to go to work. you watch an item for 30 day's bid 1st, was high bidder at bidder's deadline,stayed up all night without a counter bid go to bed and lose. what a waste of peoples time and consigner's money!

Quote Originally Posted by zonker View Post
    got nothing! stayed up till 3:30 am as the high bidder on 2 lot's without a counter bid on these lot's for 6 1/2 hour's. i couldn't keep my eye's open any longer so i went to bed. woke up at 6:00 to find out i was outbid around 4 am. these auction houses need to get there act together and realize that people on the west coast have an unfair advantage! i like most people have to work to make a living. they need to either close the auction's around 3pm est during the week or close lot's individualy when they go into extended bidding or my favorite choice. close the damn bidding on the weekend. saturday at noon would be fair to everyone. i live on the east coast and i'm tired of being outbid by a few dollars every f#!%^&"ing time only to lose these lot's because i can't stay up all night to fight with another bidder on the west coast who can win and still get to bed around 1am. i have lost the last 8 lot's i've bid on. i'm just about ready to call it quit's on these auction houses. it seem's they want you to jump thru hoop's, stay up all night for the privilage to bid in there auction's for a mear 40% commission for them! hell i'd have a better chance of winning if i could bring my money throw it in the middle of a ring and fight to the death for these lot's. there's no telling how much money these consigner's lose on there item's from bidder's who can't stay up all night. what ass#$%! came up with extended bidding anyway's? if they advertise a closing time for an auction, then they should do so at that time. get your max bid's in by that time, sale it and move on! was this type of bidding supposed to help? well it don't!!!!!!! i'm glad these auction houses are closing left and right. they take your money treat you like crap. hell i can't even bid in american memorabilia anymore. the only auction house to decline my bussiness, because i changed my mind 1 time to purchase something from them. the item wasn't part of a auction, but in the for sale section no less. i bought multiple item's at auction from them in the past, but did that mean a crap to them? no. sorry didn't mean to vent so long, but got only 1 1/2 hrs sleep last night and now i have to go to work. you watch an item for 30 day's bid 1st, was high bidder at bidder's deadline,stayed up all night without a counter bid go to bed and lose. what a waste of peoples time and consigner's money!
    Well said.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

I won the Indians Victor Martinez jersey which I have had missed out on previously when it was sold on a GUU auction a year or two ago. I also picked up a lot of two Redskins jerseys (Davis & Arrington) at a pretty good price.

Question Re: Grey Flannel winners?

Just wondering if anyone here on the forum won the nine (9) game used helmet lot#254 in the Grey Flannel auction?? Please let me know if so. Thank you! bakersj@insightbb.com

Anyone here planning on picking up their winnings that are close to their office... I ended up winning the McNamee Stanton jersey for next to nothing, but it appears they might charge me $175.00 to ship it due to it's size. If any kind soul on the board would pick it up for me, please let me know. I know of several ways to ship it framed for less than $50.00. I might even consider ripping the jersey out of the frame and giving the frame away for free to the "picker upper".

Thanks,

Tim

Picked up another grail item - 1999 Troy Percival All-Star Game jersey.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Banned

Just amazed they haven't suspended all of YOUR accounts!

Rob,
    Congratulations on the Percival! Just from reading the forums I was hoping that you would win it.

Abe