Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Opinions wanted on this '03 Marlins jersey

This was the other jersey in the Dontrelle Willis lot of two that I won in GFC's recent auction. According to the understated listing it is a 2003 game used alternate with a 100th Anniversary World Series patch so I guess that would make it a WS jersey. I've seen a couple different kinds of tagging on Willis Russell jerseys and this one is the right size but doesn't have the +2 extra length tag that I've seen on others. I haven't seen the jersey in person yet but I wanted to get folks opinions on the chances that this could actually be a WS jersey.

The other jersey in the lot was MLB Authenticated and was the one I really wanted so I have no questions about that one. The autograph looks good on this one but at this point I'm somewhat skeptical about it otherwise. Maybe Game Issued or possible retail??

Re: Opinions wanted on this '03 Marlins jersey

Wow. I'm assuming that photo shows the jersey buttoned up. If so, isn't the lettering too far off across both sides to even be used? Should be easy to photomatch if it was used.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Wow. I'm assuming that photo shows the jersey buttoned up. If so, isn't the lettering too far off across both sides to even be used? Should be easy to photomatch if it was used.
    I think it's just a bad button job when they took the pics.

Oh man, you may have a match. Congrats!!! Game 1 photo. The letters are definitely off on the game jersey, not a button issue!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Oh man, you may have a match. Congrats!!! Game 1 photo. The letters are definitely off on the game jersey, not a button issue!
    Rob, Thanks for posting the pic. You beat me to the punch!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Rob, Thanks for posting the pic. You beat me to the punch!
    Awesome. I'm glad for you. I think you will have no problem matching your jersey up when you receive it. Very nice!!!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

I take back the bad button job. Here go some frontal shots of Willis from the '03 series. Lettering on his jersey looks a little off.
    Attached Images Attached Images