Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I just snuck this baby into my house!

I was going to post this in the May pickups but there's a good story to go with this.

This is the bat rack which was in the Mets Clubhouse at Shea. I just met Barry at Citi Field to pick it up this morning (Mei Gray is at the WCBS expo today) and after my wife and kids left to visit some relatives I snuck this into the house. Needless to say my wife does not know about this purchase and if you don't see any subsequent posts from me after tonight she killed me

Have any of you ever had to sneak in a new piece of memorabilia into the house?

BTW. Barry brought lots of nice goodies from Shea to the expo at Citi Field. We were all drooling as he unloaded the truck. There were batting circles (nice one from Ralph Kiner Night), NL, Nikon stools, cut pieces of the foul poll, etc. If you have a chance go down to Citi Field as i'm sure there are some nice buys to be had!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Re: I just snuck this baby into my house!

David,

Nice pick up! That's cool having an actual bat rack from Shea. Hey, if your wife ask what it is, you can always tell her that it's a speaker box for a new sound system your building.

Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    David,

Nice pick up! That's cool having an actual bat rack from Shea. Hey, if your wife ask what it is, you can always tell her that it's a speaker box for a new sound system your building.

Bobby

Thanks Bobby. She always complained that the bats were all over the house now at least I have somewhere to store them. It's a practical purchase. I'm shooting for that angle.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I made sure to fill it up before she gets home.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Nice pick-up. Can't wait to know how she reacts.........

would you mind sharing how much this cost?

Really nice item. I hope the yankees do the same with the foul poles as did the mets. I would love to own a piece of one.

Banned

very nice, did you also get the free gift from MeiGray?

Quote Originally Posted by quiggle28 View Post
    very nice, did you also get the free gift from MeiGray?

Barry unfortunately was stressed this morning. His only helper was a young lady and they arrived later than they expected and had the daunting task of unloading a truckload of memorabilia and setting up in the expo.

Given the circumstances I didn't want to ask for the free gift.

Not really sure what it would have been.

If anyone comes back with the free gift please let us know what it is.
    metsbats86@aol.com

I Sneak just about everything Game Used Or Memoribilia wise in my place.I have so much stuff my GirlFriend just does not know the Difference.She does tell me sometimes I have too much stuff and I just try to Sell a few Items to make her happy and to not hear it from her.