Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Will Gary Sheffield make it to the HOF?

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    And that's a big questionmark at this point .... Will it ever happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by reed1216 View Post
    .... I imagine that several PED users who haven't been named will be inducted. Things should get really confusing if someone gets inducted and later on is named as a PED user.
    Personally, I think one is already in there. And a guess is that it will come out only after The List is out and the rest of the discussion gets hot.

Quote Originally Posted by cordovacollector View Post
    Personally, I think one is already in there. And a guess is that it will come out only after The List is out and the rest of the discussion gets hot.

O.K. cordovacollector.........who's your guy?

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    O.K. cordovacollector.........who's your guy?
    I'm curious, too.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Besides Pud Galvin, who is it? You don't mean the Greatest of All Time, do you?

...............don't be shy cordovacollector, we won't lambaste you for your pick.

Chances are the way things are going, there are most likely more than one already in, and you'd be correct in your hunch.

I guess it's possible, but I wouldn't be too quick to bet my money on it. To my knowledge, no Hall of Famer has even been connected to a steroid rumor, never mind actual evidence. Things are bad guys, but let's not throw out the baby with the bath water.

Cordovacollector, when you provide the name of the HOFer you think used steroids as a player, would you please provide your rationale?
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

What "list" are we talking about? The "list" where A-Rod was outed was from testing performed in 2003 and just a tad over 100 players tested positive for PED. What current member of the HOF was active in 2003????

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    What "list" are we talking about? The "list" where A-Rod was outed was from testing performed in 2003 and just a tad over 100 players tested positive for PED. What current member of the HOF was active in 2003????
    Now that I think about it, Cordova's player must be Rickey Henderson

Think more on terms of total personality change and public anger outbursts. Both signs of steroid use. And size from rookie year & pre-rookie to end of career. And no one has mentioned him yet in this post.

"Now that I think about it, Cordova's player must be Rickey Henderson"

henderson played with both canseco and mcgwire from 1989-1992. canseco had no problems naming mcgwire, many times over, in copious detail from his oakland years and also palmeiro, gonzalez, and rodriguez from his subsequent texas years. in "juiced", canseco specifically addressed being asked about henderson and said that the only thing he had to say about rickey was that he worked his ass off at the park everyday. if henderson had done it, canseco, of all people, would've known and would've said something at this point.

"Think more on terms of total personality change and public anger outbursts. Both signs of steroid use. And size from rookie year & pre-rookie to end of career. And no one has mentioned him yet in this post."

how about you just save everyone the riddle and say what you meant? besides, puckett was always fat and his stats show no aberrations.

rudy.