Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mets Lockers

Mets Lockers

Received a nice email yesterday from a member here telling me about a current Mets auction Dave Kingman locker. HUGE locker. I live in MI, I can just image the shipping on this thing. Buddy had an experience on same item months ago where he was going to buy it; and the Mets wanted to charge him 100's in shiping to drive 35 miles.

Seems to be more trouble than worth...unless you can pick it up. That eliminates 49 states most likely. These things are huge...can just imagine getting them in your house with reassembly, etc...

Wow.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Re: Mets Lockers

Hey, did you consider going after that Kingman bat Mears had on auction? I thought it went a little high for that timeframe.

Did not see it Nate - what time frame? I may have had it anyways... LMK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Oh Im sure you have it, or did at one time. It wasnt anything special. I just thought almost $400 for a 77-79 model was a bit much.

http://www.mearsonlineauctions.com/L...spx?lotid=2473

Yea Nate, nothing special. Any Kong bat gets my attention anyway... $400, somebody had alot of money to throw away that day. Auctions always create that "I have to have it and nobody else" theme. I've been victim to that all to often .

I will say this, Dave's bats are becoming less and less seen. In my opinion, HOF or not, regardless of BA etc, he could win games for a club and was a lethal DH. Game used stuff has jumped in values over years. Would I pay $400 for this bat....nope.

I'm so glad that I started my collection 30 years ago. People are nuts what they pay for today's players who have not established themselves. Look at Arod stuff...I think you'll see values plummet. All stuff I am reading about his failure to work with kids, what a tool. That makes collecting guys like Kingman (whom I've known for 17 years) all the more sweet. Played in my childhood era and has always been great with my wife and kids...
    ROBERT KOPPEL

SkyKing,
    It is not the Mets auctioning the Kingman locker, it is MeiGray vis Mets Auctions. We have been selling and auctioning Shea Memorabilia since September.

I'm not sure what information you referenced in your previous post, but I would be happy to help you determine what the shipping charges will be if you win the auction ... before the auction ends.

We use YRC Express trucking, and we have a customer account with them that provides discounts from their retail pricing.

Feel free to contact me at MeiGray, 888-463-4472, for more info.

Thanks, Barry Meisel, MeiGray

Left a detailed message on your voicemail Barry. I can only imagine that shipping would be horrendous to MI... Other issue is disassemble/reassemble to get in my basement. Another friend here in MI (Kingman fan) has a walkout basement, so this might be more up his alley than mine...

LMK - RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL

SkyKing,

Got your message, left you one. Let's connect to discuss possibilities.

Thanks, Barry

Hey Barry:

I just checked the auction. See you have a bidder. I'm not interested above what it will now go for with another bidder involved. Appreciate the call though!

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL

pretty pricy stuff! 5k for a phone is too much for me!