Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2002 Sosa All-Star jersey

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=405&lot=937

lelands jersey: pinstripe runs through the buttons. pinstripe runs through the middle of the majestic logo.

game photo: pinstripe does not run though the buttons. pinstripe does not
    run through the majestic logo.

over $3k.

rudy.

Banned

Re: 2002 Sosa All-Star jersey

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=405&lot=937

lelands jersey: pinstripe runs through the buttons. pinstripe runs through the middle of the majestic logo.

game photo: pinstripe does not run though the buttons. pinstripe does not
    run through the majestic logo.

over $3k.

rudy.
    It only took you 59 months to find this issue?

Rudy,

Despite other comments, I DO appreciate this information even if it is from an older auction. It gives us all a good heads up because you know sometime it will reapear somewhere and this keeps it on our radar. Thanks for the information that could easily have slipped buy.

Any knowledge is good knowledge, and unless I missed something, your response was rude Joel.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Banned

Rudy-

Thanks for the info. I appreciate this since we can look out for crap on the market. Its sad how other members opinions of you and their hatred of you allow them to try and bait you into a responce. Your contribution to this site is far better than the haters that call you and others out.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    It only took you 59 months to find this issue?
    hey joel,

3. No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal.

4. No Advertising or Website Promotion. Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, item for sale (other than in the 'Collector to Collector Classifieds' section as per its rules), forum, email address, business, multi-level marketing activity or other entity without prior approval from Game Used Universe.

7. No Trolling or Baiting. You will not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this forum. Please do not create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles and signatures.

12. No Topic Changing. Please do not derail threads because you do not agree with their content. If you do not like what you read, find or start a different thread.

anyway joel, great contribution to the thread. back to the topic at hand, nice work rudy. here's an additional look - as with your pics, the numbers don't match up either...

robert

Some poor collector has what they think is THE 2002 all star game jersey that Sosa wore. Even after the fact this is great to know. Maybe the collector who won the item can go back to Lelands for restitution. It's never too late in my opinion especially with the overwhelming photo evidence.

Nice work Rudy once again. Keep-em coming!

However just to play devils advocate, what are the chances Sosa pulled a Palmeiro and wore more than one jersey during the game? Going to the DVD of the 2002 all star game would give definitive proof.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Banned

I am sorry - I was just wondering why it took 59 months for this to be discovered. Some people look for trouble, others just ask questions and get hell because people are so jealous.

And to the Helmet guy quoting forum rules, please block my posts if you don't wish to read them.

I was just wondering, since it has been 59 months, what kept Rudy from posting his findings before then. Did he contact the auction house with his findings so they may contact the high bidder? I didn't ask, I was more concerned what took 59 months to uncover this findings and I get hell for no reason?

God, some people have nothing better to do than insult and then cry wolf.

Then again, did anyone contact Sammy Sosa to see if he wore more than one jersey that day? Did anyone watch the full video of the game to check every appearance to see if there was the same jersey worn? I didn't ask these questions because I was confused why it took 59 months for this jersey to be discovered.

Did someone commission Rudy to investigate this jersey, or is Rudy just looking through every old auction listings looking for items of issue? I have no problem finding concerns - I have a concern what took 59 months and I get hell for no reason by the usual suspects.

As for the Helmet Guy's idiotic comments - BLOCK MY POSTS.

I asked a reasonable question - Your posting of forum rules is really classless and out of line - Get real already. God - Same crap, just today it comes on Sunday - The day we worship the higher powers of the petty world.

My question still has not been answered. What took 59 months to discover these concerns? It was not baiting, taunting or anything negative - I just wondered when the item was auctioned off, why wasn't the question raised then? Is there more to this story we do not know that it took 59 months to bring up?

Chill, go prey, just get off my back for asking a genuine question.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    However just to play devils advocate, what are the chances Sosa pulled a Palmeiro and wore more than one jersey during the game? Going to the DVD of the 2002 all star game would give definitive proof.
    hey david

in general, i don't really see jersey-changing to be likely during an all-star game when most players only play 1 or 2 innings. although, in the 2008 all-star game, photos show arod wearing 2 different shirts: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=18215
    (of course, this is a guy who markets every little thing he can, including his jock strap).

anyway, this particular sosa jersey is pretty conclusive as the photo i posted shows shows sosa in the second inning and the photo robert posted shows sosa in the third inning. sosa only had 2 ABs; bottom of the 2nd and bottom of the 3rd. that's it. in the top of the 4th, shawn green replaced sosa.

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    I am sorry - I was just wondering why it took 59 months for this to be discovered.
    wow, i didn't realize bunk items were protected by a statute of limitations, that after x amount of months of flying under the radar they became shielded by the joel albert clause. but of course i'm sure you're right joel, no collector could possibly be interested in bunk items sold in the past...

Some people look for trouble, others just ask questions and get hell because people are so jealous.
    i'm certain this must make sense when read in it's native tongue... might want to check alternatives to babelfish...

And to the Helmet guy quoting forum rules, please block my posts if you don't wish to read them.
    why would i block your posts joel? i love the the comic relief you bring to the table, a nice break from all of the grown up talk that tends to dominate. kind of like taking a break from the brandy, cigars and political debate to stretch the legs and check in on the ladies...

I was just wondering, since it has been 59 months, what kept Rudy from posting his findings before then. Did he contact the auction house with his findings so they may contact the high bidder?
    did you contact rudy with these questions before you posted?

I didn't ask, I was more concerned what took 59 months to uncover this findings and I get hell for no reason? God, some people have nothing better to do than insult and then cry wolf.
    again, the language barrier thing, sorry...

Then again, did anyone contact Sammy Sosa to see if he wore more than one jersey that day? Did anyone watch the full video of the game to check every appearance to see if there was the same jersey worn? I didn't ask these questions because I was confused why it took 59 months for this jersey to be discovered.
    again, did you email rudy with these questions before posting?

Did someone commission Rudy to investigate this jersey, or is Rudy just looking through every old auction listings looking for items of issue? I have no problem finding concerns - I have a concern what took 59 months and I get hell for no reason by the usual suspects.
    i'll venture a guess and say that no one commissioned rudy to look at past items - and i'll venture another guess and say that most forum members appreciate his work and contributions. while i know a comprehensive databaae featuring every questionable game used item sold at auction in the past might be objectionable to you, tough for you to wrap your head around, i'm sure most here would love such a research tool. but until that time rolls around, i for one am thankful that we have members such as rudy willing to spot check these things...

As for the Helmet Guy's idiotic comments - BLOCK MY POSTS.
    what's next? are you going to request that i stop watching reruns of seinfeld? joel, i need my comic relief!!

I asked a reasonable question - Your posting of forum rules is really classless and out of line...
    you mean this post?

hey joel,

3. No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal.

4. No Advertising or Website Promotion. Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, item for sale (other than in the 'Collector to Collector Classifieds' section as per its rules), forum, email address, business, multi-level marketing activity or other entity without prior approval from Game Used Universe.

7. No Trolling or Baiting. You will not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this forum. Please do not create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles and signatures.

12. No Topic Changing. Please do not derail threads because you do not agree with their content. If you do not like what you read, find or start a different thread.

fwiw i didn't post "forum rules" - i just posted the ones that apply to you my friend...

Chill, go prey, just get off my back for asking a genuine question.
    joel, i "prey" you never change! and for those of you that have emailed in the past begging me to join your ranks, to ignore joel in the hope he will fade into obscurity, i "prey" you will forgive me - it was a rainy weekend, i was weak, what can i say?

robert