Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Robert Edward 2009

They finally stopped the auction a few minutes ago. The extended bidding time lasted just under 12hours. When they ended it they were still getting a new bids every minute or two. The auction houses that are having problems keeping the doors open should learn a lesson from the pros at REA. Anyone win the James Worthy lot and interested in parting with those goggles? Let me know.

Banned

Re: Robert Edward 2009

Extended bidding is an annoyance, it's time they follow ebay and end things on time in the auction industry.

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    Extended bidding is an annoyance, it's time they follow ebay and end things on time in the auction industry.
    Or extend bidding by lot, why should I have to wait hours when I may be only interested in one lot?
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Quote Originally Posted by russyurk View Post
    Or extend bidding by lot, why should I have to wait hours when I may be only interested in one lot?
    Amen Brother:

I had to be at work at 6:00 am this morning. It makes it a bit difficult unless I load in a max bid to follow this auction or any auction for that matter into the wee hours of the morning when it does not end until the time that I need to be getting up for work.

Other than that, no complaints Robert Edward Auctions are a completely class act. I wish they had two auctions a year unlike some of the other companies running 6 or more per year and they cannot get it right. I prefer quality over quantity and Edward Auctions definitely has the quality and service end of it down.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

I stayed up until 3:30am watching the "Recent Bids" keep coming in. I think REA does a great job but it would be better to end it lot-by-lot with a 15 or 30-minute clock on each. They claim their system is implemented to prevent bidding strategies but it is still whoever stays up the latest has an advantage over the other bidders.

I wasn't bidding on the sports lots this time around. Glad to got a bargain on a Charles Lindbergh signed photo but was the underbidder on the Reagan letters to Charlie Grimm's wife and not winning that lot is going to haunt me for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    I would not be surprised if ebay someday adopted extended bidding on individual auctions. Lets face it, extended bidding gives a conflicted bidder more chances to go against a budget. That makes more money for the consignor and auction house. Let's hope ebay never stoops that low.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was bidding on the Honus Wager T206 Stolen and recovered card until it crossed $300,000k at that point it became too rich for me.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.