Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Ebay is now getting on my last nerve!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    Feedback is for the buyers and / or sellers, and it is to help them determine if they want to do business with you.

Stars are for eBay itself, and these give eBay a more detailed look at your "alleged" performance in relation to your sales.

Sammy ok, but then that is assanign, because ebay could just judge off the feedback the buyer leave.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I EMAILED EBAY ABOUT THIS - THIS WAS THERE RESPONSE!!

Dear Jason,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your feedback concerns.

We can remove Feedback if it's abusive or meets any of our other
    conditions for removal. Unfortunately, this one doesn't.

The eBay Feedback Forum is a member-to-member tool that gives people a
    place to speak freely without worrying about being censored.

Members are solely responsible for the comments they post, and we can
    remove a member's comments only under certain conditions.

Even if a member leaves Feedback that is unfair, untruthful, or harmful
    to a member's reputation, we can't remove it without a court order
    describing the comments as libelous, defamatory, or illegal.

I find it funny how ebay themselves says that even if a comment is blaintly wrong that they need to be told by the courts to remove it.
    You got to love it!!

suave1477,

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but you're not alone. Check out these recent posts, if you missed them......hits on most of your complaints...and your complaints are justified....

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=23931

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=23359

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=20133

Ebay has handed the company over to a bunch of gen-X and Y thinkers who have "f"ed it all up.

Did I mention I hate ebay and refuse to sell there anymore?

Just a thought....

WHAT do you bet the next big "problem" that occurs on ebay will be......

Rampant negative and low-Star feedback left for honest good professional sellers because ebay has instituted a policy of there being ABSOLUTELY NO REASONABLE PROTECTION for sellers against buyers who are:

A) Mentally ill
    B) A-hole in nature
    C) Completely without professional instinct
    D) Have no discipline or respect for right vs wrong
    E) Not brought up properly by their parents

Rest assured that what ever the "fix" is, it will fall into the same dismal categorie of failure currently being adhered to by this misfit grouping of intellectual toilet bowls known as ebay policy management.

Dang it, I think I just broke the forum rules again.....let me go review....

Unfortunately, many people will NEVER give a perfect review, whether it be for a restaurant, employee review, and yes, for eBay sellers too. I don't think most eBay buyers realize how important those stars are to sellers... If they did, they might reconsider just throwing out random star ratings based on the day of the week.

eBay management doesn't seem to understand what I've written above -- it seems like they expect seller ratings to be near-perfect, or the seller's account will be suspended. What this means is that any seventeen year-old kid can buy a five dollar item from you and proceed to wreck your selling privileges, especially if you don't sell things very often and don't have loads of feedback from other transactions.

Read this to see just how ridiculous the whole system is: http://leavingfeedback.com/page2.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

A problem is that eBay tells the buyer that 4 (out of 5) stars means the buyer thinks he received good service and product, yet will suspend the seller for a rating higher than 4!

Only in Alice in Wonderland and eBay's World does that make sense.

Ebay is actively trying to get away from auctions and do strictly buy it now. From articles I have read and the general hassles they are now giving sellers I am guessing they are trying to discourage small time folks as well. This was their bread and butter 10 years ago but they seem to be focusing all of their eggs on giant drop shippers that list thousands of the same items over and over. I can only speculate but if you were listing 10,000 items a week, all buy it now you would not be receiving any sort of reprimand.

Ebay is trying to model itself after Amazon and in my opinion they are in way over their heads. I am only speculating here that they are trying to muscle Craigslist into becoming their outlet for small time sellers who were their prime customers 10 years ago. There are several battles going on publicly and I assume privately between Craigslist and one of their largest stakeholders eBay. My guess is behind the scenes eBay is pushing for some sort of fee structure for Craigslist listings and Craigslist is trying to fight them off. Again this only my opinion based on articles I have read and the changes eBay has made in the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    As a Buyer, I have to say that I'm very good about leaving feedback in a timely manner, but I also have to admit to being pretty lazy when it comes to entering the "star" data. I will usually only bother when some aspect of the deal, like shipping, has been extraordinarily bad or good. If I leave no "star" feedback, what happens? Does it just register as nothing - neither good nor bad? If that's the case, I should definitely start taking the time to leave a lot of stars for Sellers who do a good job - I guess I just never considered it to be of any importance.
    It doesn't register if you don't leave it. Personally, I'm fine with people not leaving star rating. It is a nice reward to leave all 5 stars with someone you were really happy with, but it's kind of punishments to leave anything below that. I have yet to leave anything lower than a 4 in any category.

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    What this means is that any seventeen year-old kid can buy a five dollar item from you and proceed to wreck your selling privileges, especially if you don't sell things very often and don't have loads of feedback from other transactions.
    Bingo. Worst thing they have done is make old feedback/stars not count. This way, a bad seller gets his previous dealings erased, a sub par seller that does a lot can absorb the stray bad feedback, yet a occasional seller with a great track record perpetually starts over.

The entire system they have set up now really does put the long-time occasional seller at the highest risk. That's messed up because I'd think that kind of reliable "customer" would be quite valuable in the long run.

suave-I have said it more than once on here,and i'll say it again,EBAY IS A JOKE.I used to love being on there,as it was alot of fun,but all the changes for the so-called better have gotton me to not even go on there anymore.I wish they would've gone with the saying,"if it ain't broke,don't fix it".Because none of thier changes were needed.Like the one that got me to stop selling on there,the paypal only,and no money orders.I just find it funny,like with this response that you got that ebay does'nt want to get involved and that in thier words-it's member to member.But not when it comes to paying,then they do get involved and you have to now pay the way they want you to,and surprise it's a company they own,still would like to know how that isn't a monoploy.Anyway,thats my 2 cents on this.Sorry to hear this happen to you.And i agree,that stars thing is funny.I feel your pain my friend
    Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I EMAILED EBAY ABOUT THIS - THIS WAS THERE RESPONSE!!

Dear Jason,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your feedback concerns.

We can remove Feedback if it's abusive or meets any of our other
    conditions for removal. Unfortunately, this one doesn't.

The eBay Feedback Forum is a member-to-member tool that gives people a
    place to speak freely without worrying about being censored.

Members are solely responsible for the comments they post, and we can
    remove a member's comments only under certain conditions.

Even if a member leaves Feedback that is unfair, untruthful, or harmful
    to a member's reputation, we can't remove it without a court order
    describing the comments as libelous, defamatory, or illegal.

I find it funny how ebay themselves says that even if a comment is blaintly wrong that they need to be told by the courts to remove it.
    You got to love it!!