I'm not an expert on A's game used stuff and have some questions about equipment from the 2008 season. First, like many other teams, the A's used both regular jerseys and cool base jerseys last year. A lot of teams used to issue two sets of each jersey style to a player. I'm not sure how it is handled now that cool base jerseys are in the mix. Did A's players get one regular and one cool base of each style (white, gray, green, and black)? Or did they get two regular and two cool base of each style? Or did the number of jerseys each player was issued depend on whether it was one of the white home or gray road jerseys versus the less used green and black alternate jerseys? I have no idea how the jerseys were issued and want to know how many each player received. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

My other question was about the 2008 Opening Day. The A's opened the 2008 season in Japan against the Red Sox. The teams had corporate logos on their batting helmets for the games. Does anyone know if the A's sold these helmets with the corporate logo stickers still on the helmets or did they just remove the sticker after the series and the players continued to use the same helmets throughout the rest of the season?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
staindsox@hotmail.com