Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Need help on this Tennessee vintage helmet

Can anyone tell me if this looks like the real deal? Looking at some of the photos, I do know the orange stripe in the middle is missing, and here is the other info I was able to get out of the seller:

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']The inside just has the padding only. It does not have the ear pads. The outside of the helmet has an "R" then "HC35 small U.S.A." It has a chinstrap with "Nokona" "made in U.S.A."

Seller doesn't know the history, came across it in a box.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Anyone's thoughts???? Would love to hear. I'm not a big tennesse fan, but wanted to maybe pick this up and re-sell.[/FONT]
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Need help on this Tennessee vintage helmet

Quote Originally Posted by cugolfnut View Post
    Can anyone tell me if this looks like the real deal? Looking at some of the photos, I do know the orange stripe in the middle is missing, and here is the other info I was able to get out of the seller:

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']The inside just has the padding only. It does not have the ear pads. The outside of the helmet has an "R" then "HC35 small U.S.A." It has a chinstrap with "Nokona" "made in U.S.A."

Seller doesn't know the history, came across it in a box.[/font]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/font]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Anyone's thoughts???? Would love to hear. I'm not a big tennesse fan, but wanted to maybe pick this up and re-sell.[/font]
    it's a toy, a rawlings youth helmet reproduction, not an authentic gamer....

robert

thanks robert....I went back and read some of your older threads and noticed some comments on the nokona being a pee-wee football helmet....that clued me in.

should have read your post a little more carefully - the photo struck me as a rawlings hnfl, which are reproduction helmets, display/toy helmets, often fitted with team decals. but you mention that it's a hc35 - this model is a step up but wasn't worn for adult play. perhaps a very early hc35 given the lack of "cross-hair" screws in the front and back...

robert

the guy wants 60 bucks for it, I assumed like you this was a toy or replica. I was going to try to list and sell it on ebay and make some $$$$ on it since I really don'tl like tennessee.

What are your thoughts?