Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bettis Helmet

Re: Bettis Helmet

btw my friend, did you ever locate that helmet bart starr gave you? i know you mentioned that you had another packers helmet and often got them mixed up...

robert

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Sorry vikings,i have liked what you have said about this topic,but im not with you on giving any credit to this seller,as they have lost all credit with me.I hate to talk bad about anyone trying to sell thier items,but come on.Am i the only one not buying this now revised story?To me it does'nt matter if he ended the auction or would've just completed it.Because now i really question this.And as far as being fair about the bidders on it,they already bidded thinking it was indeed a bettis helmet.It's up to the buyer to know what they are buying,and if those who bidded thought what they were bidding on was authentic,then go ahead bid on it,and if turns out it was'nt bettis helmet,which the seller admits,well they got what they derserved.Know what you're buying.And to now say they had two helmets and got them confused,my question to them is,can i see pictures of the bettis helmet?Then i might believe thier story.And on a another note,if you confused the helmets,why would'nt you now list the bettis helmet.This whole thing now just is funny to me
    Jobathenut, your analysis and rationale is most astute. I guess I might be letting the seller off the hook by giving him some credit. The more I think about it, the concept of confusing one helmet with another seems almost impossible.... I agree with you that if the seller actually originally meant to sell his alleged Bettis helmet that he still claims Bettis gave to him, then why he did not post an entirely new listing to sell the actual Bettis helmet that he was allegedly given by Bettis?

Thanks for your kind words vikings.I won't lie i had to look up "astute",just to make sure.Yeah,that's all i'm saying,is if he confused the helmets,why is now not selling the bettis helmet
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingshelmetguy View Post
    Jobathenut, your analysis and rationale is most astute. I guess I might be letting the seller off the hook by giving him some credit. The more I think about it, the concept of confusing one helmet with another seems almost impossible.... I agree with you that if the seller actually originally meant to sell his alleged Bettis helmet that he still claims Bettis gave to him, then why he did not post an entirely new listing to sell the actual Bettis helmet that he was allegedly given by Bettis?

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Thanks for your kind words vikings.I won't lie i had to look up "astute",just to make sure.Yeah,that's all i'm saying,is if he confused the helmets,why is now not selling the bettis helmet
    Hey Jobathenut, sorry for my use of fancy-pants words, like "astute"! I am a lawyer (my job each day), and sometimes I get carried away using obscure and legal-sounding words like "astute", when really what I meant and what I should have said is that your analysis was smart, sensible, logical and well-reasoned!

No need to apologize vikings-that's why they have dictionary's.Usually you don't hear those "fancy-pants" words on a forum.Well thanks for the kinds words,that even a stubid person like me can understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingshelmetguy View Post
    Hey Jobathenut, sorry for my use of fancy-pants words, like "astute"! I am a lawyer (my job each day), and sometimes I get carried away using obscure and legal-sounding words like "astute", when really what I meant and what I should have said is that your analysis was smart, sensible, logical and well-reasoned!

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    btw my friend, did you ever locate that helmet bart starr gave you? i know you mentioned that you had another packers helmet and often got them mixed up...

Yes, I get the Starr mixed up with an old helmet lamp...