Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: No More Excuses For Manny Ramirez - No Accident!

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Sorry, meant "You're wrong. Arod is in the "I admit I did it boat." Manny is in the "I'm gonna lie about it" boat.
    So you're saying A-rod didn't lie about it?? Arod did lie about it. And later admitted he lied about it. How do you know Ramirez will not do the same? I am still a fan of Manny, always will be. What he has done he now has to live with it. It's a shame when any great player gets busted for this crap. It only hurts the game. I think that's what bothers me the most.

I will bet my home on it, that if the remaining names on the list come out, Manny Ramirez is on it! That's how positive I am!
    And if, and when, they do and he is on it.....then so be it. But until then I don't think he was. There was never a spike in production. If he was taking them then it obviously didn't help him produce no more that he already was.....it just doesn't add up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlm24 View Post
    So you're saying A-rod didn't lie about it?? Arod did lie about it. And later admitted he lied about it. How do you know Ramirez will not do the same? I am still a fan of Manny, always will be. What he has done he now has to live with it. It's a shame when any great player gets busted for this crap. It only hurts the game. I think that's what bothers me the most.
    Of course he lied about it before it was proven he did test positive. Who wouldn't. The difference is, when he did get caught because of a positive test, he admitted it. I believe his story was a bunch of bull, but he admitted it. Most likely to protect other players.

Not only did he admit it, he admitted it for an additional 2 years, when he could have easily came out and just said 2003, as proven and accused of.

Look, don't get so defensive. It is what it is. There are more than 100 others who tested positive. There are probably 100 more who did get caught.

This era is a sad era for everyone. If you go back and look at every post or comment I made about Arod, not once did I justify or defend him.

I'm still a fan of Arod. Just not proud of what he did.

Regards, Tony

Sorry, meant "You're wrong. Arod is in the "I admit I did it boat." Manny is in the "I'm gonna lie about it" boat.
    Arod only "admitted it" because his back was against the wall. Lets not make him out to be better than the other users. People would also be crazy to think that he stopped when he claimed that he did. Lets not forget Arod did his share of time in the "I'm going to lie about it boat" until the word of the Roberts book came to light. The events of the past year reinforces the idea that NO player can be viewed as being 100% clean.

No getting defensive. I just hate this. I love baseball and this stuff is ruining the game. It really makes no difference to me who gets caught. Wheather it's a big star or a no name player. It's bad for the game either way. Like you with A-rod, I'll still be a fan of manny. I'm glad he isn't on my team, but still a fan just the same. It really makes no difference who, why, or how, or when a player does it. It shouldn't be done period. I'm for a zero tolerance policy on this nonsense. You get caught....you get banned for life.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlm24 View Post
    No getting defensive. I just hate this. I love baseball and this stuff is ruining the game. It really makes no difference to me who gets caught. Wheather it's a big star or a no name player. It's bad for the game either way. Like you with A-rod, I'll still be a fan of manny. I'm glad he isn't on my team, but still a fan just the same. It really makes no difference who, why, or how, or when a player does it. It shouldn't be done period. I'm for a zero tolerance policy on this nonsense. You get caught....you get banned for life.
    Agree! As an Arod fan, I look at it for what it is. Do I believe Arod would be an average player if he didn't use? No! He didn't need it. It was definately stupid. I too love baseball, and wish all of this never happened. But if many honestly believe many other players in the past didn't cheat, you are mistaken. There are/were many other ways of cheating to get an edge over other players.

Do you think it was fair for a pitcher to scuff a ball, or use vasaline to make the ball do more than what he could do with it naturally? Do you think it was fair to the batter and other team? Do you think it was fair that doing it produced better numbers for the pitcher, compared to other pitchers that were pitching with their natural ability.

We just happen to be in the drug era. In the past, cheating was common to get an edge on other players.

Funny thing is, for those of you younger guys, you may not realize that back then (back in the day), the media didn't report the negative stuff they do today. The media back then protected players. It was a different mindset them.

Quote Originally Posted by eisenreich8 View Post
    My perspnal vitriolic comments regarding this mega-fraud were not made lightly, following his signing with LA, and I am about as ecstatic about this news as can be. This guy is, although a talented bat, a seriously warped individual and a horrible team cancer who now will hopefully reap the same rewards that are being bestowed on Palmeiro, McGwire, Bonds, Clemens, Arod and others.

SEE YA!

#1 Happy Red Sox Fan For Life
    I'm sorry but I'm sick of the Red Sox fans pouting about the break up. This time last year, Boston fans were licking this guy's boots and had been for 7 years. He wasn't a cancer when he was the World Series MVP, hitting 200+ regular season home runs and plenty of post season shots but now that he left in a manner that was unfavorable for both sides, he was all of a sudden a cancer? No one can deny what he did at the end of his career in Boston was immature and unprofessional but cursing his name and calling him a 'mega-fraud' is juvenile in itself.

I think we are all missing the bigger picture here. Not only has he tainted his reputation but he's also put yet another black-eye on the game itself. The grandstanding of these negative situations by those that dislike a player for one reason or another is selfish and disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane80 View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm sick of the Red Sox fans pouting about the break up. This time last year, Boston fans were licking this guy's boots and had been for 7 years. He wasn't a cancer when he was the World Series MVP, hitting 200+ regular season home runs and plenty of post season shots but now that he left in a manner that was unfavorable for both sides, he was all of a sudden a cancer? No one can deny what he did at the end of his career in Boston was immature and unprofessional but cursing his name and calling him a 'mega-fraud' is juvenile in itself.

I think we are all missing the bigger picture here. Not only has he tainted his reputation but he's also put yet another black-eye on the game itself. The grandstanding of these negative situations by those that dislike a player for one reason or another is selfish and disgraceful.

If you care to, read my posts from3-4 months ago. I stand by my comments/opinions whether you agree or not.

"Boston fans" didn't adore Manny, they abhorred Manny. Only 7 year old kids fawned over him. If you didn't/don't intimately know the Boston sports scene you are lacking the knowledge necessary to engage in debate about Ramirez during his Boston days. Mark Freakin' Bellhorn was more valuable to the Red Sox during the 2004 postseason that Ramirez was. Look it up.

As is the case with any forum one might comment on, you're free to take issue with opinions expressed by the members but realize that they don't always jibe with your take on things. Manny was a turd in Boston, and if he juiced while there too, it just makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by eisenreich8 View Post
    If you care to, read my posts from3-4 months ago. I stand by my comments/opinions whether you agree or not.

"Boston fans" didn't adore Manny, they abhorred Manny. Only 7 year old kids fawned over him. If you didn't/don't intimately know the Boston sports scene you are lacking the knowledge necessary to engage in debate about Ramirez during his Boston days. Mark Freakin' Bellhorn was more valuable to the Red Sox during the 2004 postseason that Ramirez was. Look it up.

As is the case with any forum one might comment on, you're free to take issue with opinions expressed by the members but realize that they don't always jibe with your take on things. Manny was a turd in Boston, and if he juiced while there too, it just makes it worse.
    I'll admit, I am not in the midst of the Red Sox Nation here in the southwest and my general knowledge of the Red Sox comes from what I see on ESPN and here from the Soxs fans out here who I assume are not as committed as those that actually live in the New England area. It's not fair for me to comment on real Red Sox fans just as I'm sure you're unable to get a proper feel for a real Dodger fan out there. For that, I plead ignorance...just like Manny . What does bother me though is that people are joyful over something that is about more than just Manny. I presume you're a dedicated baseball fan like me and I think the disdain you and others feel for Manny overlooks the fact that this is hurting baseball.