Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Extra! Extra! Nationals beat Dodgers!

Ok, maybe not so much of a big deal, but the Nats looked good tonight....breaking the Dodgers streak.

Good job boys!

Re: Extra! Extra! Nationals beat Dodgers!

I might as well not even go to sleep since it is 2:05AM EST.

Best comeback of the year!!!

Stat of the day:

5 starters batting over .300
    2 starters batting over .290

Only 1 starting position player struggling at the plate.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Andrew,

I gotta love it.......cudos to your team, partner!

But even when they led it 6-1, I could just feel the ballon deflating. The "Curse of the ManRambino" has begun....

On another note, I have to tell you....I was sitting out in a small group of hecklers at the game Wednesday night, and it was hysterical. These Dodger fans were BRUTALIZING your center fielder "Dukes" to the point I was starting to feel sorry for the guy. They were yelling "Dukie!!!.....I smeall a DUKIE!!!"

They were yelling in unison "DAISEY DUKES!" "DAISEY DUKES". It was hysterical. And the reason why was because Elijah Dukes was turning around and yelling BACK!!! While the game was going on, between pitches!! And sometimes, HE even found the heckling funny, so you could see his shoulders jiggling while he was laughing, followed by him shaking his head. It was a riot, and he was good natured about it all.

I actually like him now.

Just another reason to feel so blue about all of this Manny stuff that broke the following morning. Another good memory, tarnished and run over by yet another cheater in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Andrew,

I gotta love it.......cudos to your team, partner!

But even when they led it 6-1, I could just feel the ballon deflating. The "Curse of the ManRambino" has begun....

On another note, I have to tell you....I was sitting out in a small group of hecklers at the game Wednesday night, and it was hysterical. These Dodger fans were BRUTALIZING your center fielder "Dukes" to the point I was starting to feel sorry for the guy. They were yelling "Dukie!!!.....I smeall a DUKIE!!!"

They were yelling in unison "DAISEY DUKES!" "DAISEY DUKES". It was hysterical. And the reason why was because Elijah Dukes was turning around and yelling BACK!!! While the game was going on, between pitches!! And sometimes, HE even found the heckling funny, so you could see his shoulders jiggling while he was laughing, followed by him shaking his head. It was a riot, and he was good natured about it all.

I actually like him now.

Just another reason to feel so blue about all of this Manny stuff that broke the following morning. Another good memory, tarnished and run over by yet another cheater in the game.
    Elijah Dukes has tools! If he can put it all together, I see a player who can be a 25/25 guy.

Besides that I am handling game used for him!!! So let me know if you want any bats, cleats, batting gloves or jerseys!!!

Name:  2879_1144849068181_1436138205_30383077_3007396_n.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  28.6 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Elijah Dukes has tools! If he can put it all together, I see a player who can be a 25/25 guy.

Besides that I am handling game used for him!!! So let me know if you want any bats, cleats, batting gloves or jerseys!!!

Attachment 24646
    Is that Mark Cuban with Dukes? LOL! Sorry, A.L. It's the first thing I thought when I saw the pic.

Mark

Dukes is a terd........always was and always will be in my book. I played against him in HS, he was and is good..but as a person I think otherwise... as do ALOT of Tampa Bayers...........His rep here in his hometown is bad....just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by markize View Post
    Is that Mark Cuban with Dukes? LOL! Sorry, A.L. It's the first thing I thought when I saw the pic.

Mark
    Too funny, but at least you knew it was (really) me!!!

Capital-Sports - He has been a solid guy here in Washington other than an on the field blow up and being late once to practice.

His off-field problems in Tampa have been written about and debated, and luckily we live in a world of 2nd chances.

I have found him to be extremely nice and giving of his time for charity. He always talks about his kids and how he loves spending time with them.

So I am hoping his problems are behind him and we see him getting better and better in all facets of his personal and professional lives.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Thats good to hear about Dukes. Maybe I should pick up a signed baseball of him one day...

Just read up on some of his issues- seems like a tough guy to root for.
    k

All these posts and no mention of Dunn's bat for Nationals. Take him away and they are not winning games... I'd expect the Dodgers wish they picked him up instead of Manny??? Guy is around .300 with 9 HRS, come on...

No interest in Dukes Andrew, but maybe Dukes can talk to Dunn about floating stuff your way. If I landed a jersey, then cleats would follow, etc. And, a uncracked bat, and..........

Talk to ya - RHKJR

ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com