Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: True Dodger Blue Manny Fan

This was in our sports page this morning. Thought it was pretty funny:

Manny Ramirez - Female fertility drugs? Fifty games is light; had he gotten pregnant, he would have missed at least 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    By the Numbers

Manny Ramirez has always been a consistent run producer, but during his 80-game tenure in Los Angeles, his power numbers have spiked considerably.

I'm not saying that this shows anything definitively, but thought the numbers were actually pretty interesting.

What this shows is why there is such excitement behind Rick's interest in buying a Manny bat.

But as a fellow Dodger fan Rick......man, you had better snap out of it.

This guy crapped down your throat. He's a cheater, Rick. And what makes it worse is he is a cheater with no respect for the game at a time when we have never been more aware of the stigma attached to anyone cheating.

In other words, it's all about Manny and his career numbers, his legacy, and NOTHING about his team or fans. One could argue that he was doing all he could to win....but we don't want to win with cheaters. At least I don't. I was the biggest Manny fan on the planet.....even when he was in Boston, hell, Cleveland! Like I said before, this little piece of cheating defacation can take a walk now, he disrespected ALL of us.

Why would anyone want his bat now?

I don't mean to insinuate he's the level of a louse the likes of whom I'm going to mention, but would you display an O.J. Simpson helmet in your home because you went to USC or lived in Buffalo?

Think about the message you're putting out there to your kids....

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    What this shows is why there is such excitement behind Rick's interest in buying a Manny bat.

But as a fellow Dodger fan Rick......man, you had better snap out of it.

This guy crapped down your throat. He's a cheater, Rick. And what makes it worse is he is a cheater with no respect for the game at a time when we have never been more aware of the stigma attached to anyone cheating.

In other words, it's all about Manny and his career numbers, his legacy, and NOTHING about his team or fans. One could argue that he was doing all he could to win....but we don't want to win with cheaters. At least I don't. I was the biggest Manny fan on the planet.....even when he was in Boston, hell, Cleveland! Like I said before, this little piece of cheating defacation can take a walk now, he disrespected ALL of us.

Why would anyone want his bat now?

I don't mean to insinuate he's the level of a louse the likes of whom I'm going to mention, but would you display an O.J. Simpson helmet in your home because you went to USC or lived in Buffalo?

Think about the message you're putting out there to your kids....
    Steve,

I have a ton of respect for you brother. I'm sure it's a tough pill to swallow on the manny/juice deal. I would find a tall bridge to jump off if Soriano's name makes the list (well, not really, it's just a hobby, but it would suck). I have to say, I understand the pressure to be on top, and live up to big $$$$ contracts, but cheatng is bullshit. It's the same in society, except business people aren't using steroids to get ahead. It's insder trading, or shady business deals.

I'm at the Yankees/orioles game right now, and aside from steroid chants when AROD was batting, I didn't even think about the juice. I'm here to spend a fun day at the ballpark with my wife, daughter, mother, and the rest of my family for mothers day.

I really do feel for you though.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    This guy crapped down your throat.
    I must admit, this does not sound like a good situation.

Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by markize View Post
    Steve,

I have a ton of respect for you brother. I'm sure it's a tough pill to swallow on the manny/juice deal. I would find a tall bridge to jump off if Soriano's name makes the list (well, not really, it's just a hobby, but it would suck). I have to say, I understand the pressure to be on top, and live up to big $$$$ contracts, but cheatng is bullshit. It's the same in society, except business people aren't using steroids to get ahead. It's insder trading, or shady business deals.

I'm at the Yankees/orioles game right now, and aside from steroid chants when AROD was batting, I didn't even think about the juice. I'm here to spend a fun day at the ballpark with my wife, daughter, mother, and the rest of my family for mothers day.

I really do feel for you though.

Mark

Thanks for the kind words Mark.

I really hoped your family had a great time, even though Damon screwed up the game for you. Next time just rub the head of the "Babe's dream" statue as you leave the park....it'll make you feel better.

My Dodgers lost agin today. I hope the Dodger fans get used to it. Their charismatic leader and superstar was too selfish to let a good thing be. Hell, he could have just walked half of his at bats all season long, and the Dodgers would have cruised to 100 wins just because he was in the line-up.

But no, $45 mil wasn't enough for two years....bloat up the body, cheat on the numbers, make yourself so "superman-esque" that that $20 million second year becomes "renegotiable.....with a year or two added on."

Boras.....you miserable mother &^$%er, I hope you get what's coming to you. You're nothing more than a defense attorney type. You go to bat for the scumbags of the baseball world just because "someone's got to do it."
    Choke on your lobster dinner, would you you b@st@rd? I pray to GOD the whole group of owners in MLB collude to run you out of business, before you facilitate the same fate for the game with your "service". Just look at your scumbag client list......it's pathetic. Someone should hold you responsible for ruining the value of a baseball ticket, you phuque.

What a farce. what a complete trainwreck for the Dodgers, ownership, management, fans.....it really sucks.

I say the Dodgers sue to get out of the contract, dump this bacteria, and go after two solid pitchers. Then maybe the team has a chance, becasue they do have some fairly good position players throughout the line-up.

But what could have been.....it truly does hurt.

Gentlemen: I stand by commitment, if someone would please, please tell me if that G*d*mn bat is legit.

That Scott Boras is a pig, there is no doubt.

But, I remind everyone of the sad tale of Andruw Jones, who came to the Dodgers, fat and bloated, his talent left in Atlanta, long ago.

He was a total bust, and refused to listen to everybody who told him that he had to lose weight, be better prepared, etc.

The Dodgers let him go for nothing, ate his remaining contract. He signed a minor league contract with the Rangers, lost weight, became focused and is now hitting .340.

These guys (especially Manny) are knuckleheads. A-Rod, Clemens are serial killers. There's a difference.

Now will someone tell me if that bat, is legit?

I purchased the bat from Andy Benish who seems to have been around this hobby for a very long time...judging by his website and the time he put into it. All the bat labeling, commentary, and the players he did research on and features on his site. The bat doesnt come with an LOA or COA, but I doubt someone like Andy would invest in a bat that was actually used. I dont see the arguement that this bat is a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by gameu08 View Post
    I purchased the bat from Andy Benish who seems to have been around this hobby for a very long time...judging by his website and the time he put into it. All the bat labeling, commentary, and the players he did research on and features on his site. The bat doesnt come with an LOA or COA, but I doubt someone like Andy would invest in a bat that was actually used. I dont see the arguement that this bat is a fake.
    "WASNT" actually used. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by gameu08 View Post
    Andy is well-known among long-time hobbyists as one of most thorough and methodical collectors. The research he does on an item before adding it to his collection is daunting.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.