Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

True Dodger Blue Manny Fan

I don't believe that Manny's a cheat like the rest. I believe that Manny is what Manny does, which usually comes down to doing stupid things.

I have a collection of single-signed 500 HR balls (w/o Ruth, Ott, and Foxx) for my son, 22 in all, and there's two catagories, cheaters and non-cheaters. I have 6 in the cheaters (you can guess who they are), but, refuse to put Manny with the cheaters.

I'll even buy a Manny bat for the boy, if you show it here and it's legit.

I bleed Blue, my tears are Manny blue-tears.

2009 World Series

Dodgers v. Jays, Dodger sweep, Manny hits 4 homers in game 4.

Re: True Dodger Blue Manny Fan

I'm sick of hearing the whole "Manny being Manny thing" as an excuse for his selfish attitude. It will wear thin in LA just like every where else. He's a cheater just like the rest of them.

here is my earlier manny bat from boston gamer. Purchased from vintagebats.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah, yeah, sure, sure. I'll put money on him! I'll buy my soon to be 9 year old son this very Manny bat if everyone agrees it's legit, and I wouldn't do it if I didn't think Manny was a good guy, someone who isn't a lying, self-important no talent.

Is this thing legit? 'Cause I'll buy the damn thing!

So if you are doing something stupid you are not cheating? Then by definition any player who used steroids after steroid testing was put in place was not cheating because getting caught at this point is clearly stupid. Its one thing to continue to like a player who has used or is believed to use steroids as I do several. But its another to say if a guy acts like a jackass you don't hold him responsible.

Like I said I have a 8 year old son. He does stupid things, many of his friends do stupid things, doesn't mean I don't love him. Being stupid and being a cheat are two things. Manny has been tested at least 15 times without incident.

I'm serious, raiders, if this bat is legit, I'll buy it. Someone tell me this thing is legit, and I'll buy it. I don't want to be cheated, which is why I believe Manny.

Am I crazy, if for nothing more than representing the other side here, for thinking for a minute that Manny indeed was given this drug by a physician for a real personal problem? And not only that, but that he has the rare personality type that he'd rather take the 50 games and lay low and be lazy than he would fight it and find himself in the middle of another media circus?

Although this drug is commonly used to mask steroid use, it has indeed been used for other issues. And it makes all the sense in the world that it was givent to him from a doctor in Florida... the same place all of his family and friends reside. If you had a "personal problem" and were a classically introverted personality as Manny is... would you run to the team doctor or open the LA phone book to fix your problem? For a guy that doesn't take trust lightly... do you trust your inner circle and attempt to fly under the radar or do you trust your new home some 3,000 miles away?

I'm not suggesting I believe he is not guilty of something mirroring traditional PED use... but I will be one of the few that gives this story it's fair share of time to play out.

I've got some pretty bats too and my ears are generally open...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

IF Manny was using the drug to mask steroid use he was being a cheat. Other players have caught hell for using steroids BEFORE baseball banned it. Again, IF there was some explanation the burden is now on him to explain any innocent usage. You said you would love your son if he did something wrong. GREAT! You should. But if your son stole something at 8 he is old enough to know he stole it and would be guilty of stealing. You would still love him, but he would have done it. (I'm sure your son would never steal anything. Just using this as an example) And if you say Manny is immature like an 8 year old, Manny is an adult. What you seem to be saying is that he didn't do it, and if he did he is immature and so not responsible. That sounds like, if I'm an athlete the rules don't apply to me. Most of us are tired of that.

Regardless of the strong feelings yesterday and today... if this proves to be his lone run-in with the PED police and he contributes as the Dodgers make the playoffs, threatens 600hr and 2000rbi - he's still a first ballot HOF'er. He's obviously going to go down as one of the more crazy/interesting guys to ever play the game, but he's far from the Bonds and Clemens of the world in my opinion.