Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arod+manny=whose Next?

Who will be the next MLB superstar named or fail a drug test?

Re: Arod+manny=whose Next?

Quote Originally Posted by HENMICK44 View Post
    Who will be the next MLB superstar named or fail a drug test?
    hopefully no VLADDY

delgado,thome,thomas,Ortiz hate to say this one and hope not but Pujols?

I realize many enjoy pouncing on Arod, but this was the era of performance enhancers and many were doing it. Sad, but true!

not exactly superstars but i wouldnt be surprised by nomar or damon getting implicated

Quote Originally Posted by gameu08 View Post
    delgado,thome,thomas,Ortiz hate to say this one and hope not but Pujols?
    i see nothing about thomas that would indicate PED use.

1) he's never been spoken about by canseco

2) physically, he looks the same as he did 15 yrs ago

3) his HR numbers show no aberrations. the most he ever hit was 43 and that's for a guy who's 6'5, 260lbs. he seemed to average 30-40 HRs a season which seems to be a realistic number. he was never one of these guys clubbing in the upper 40s/low 50s.

rudy.

plus, thomas' numbers, like griffeys, taper off towards the end of his career, unlike clemens, bonds, sosa, and mcgwire who were having career seasons in their twilight years. in his 15th season, mcgwire hit 65 HRs for petes sake. like bonds and his 73 HRs, mcgwire wasn't exactly subtle about it.

both griffey and thomas' production has noticeably broken down for the past few years.

if you want to look at "who's next", look at who's having improbably good seasons at an old age, whose body and head have undergone bizarre changes (ala tejada), who's been named by canseco, whose numbers show aberrations.

rudy.

Are they going to exposure retired players?

I have alot invested in Mike Piazza and hope his name never comes up.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post

I think the only way they're going to expose retired players is if they're on that list from 2003. Those names WILL come out at some point. I personally think MLB is trying to figure out the best way to approach doing it since it's probably an even more shocking bombshell and includes just about every top name on it. It's one reason I think MLB is going about this in a very calculated way, I think they're targeting certain high profile players (A-Rod, Palmeiro, Manny, Bonds/McGwire) to establish high water marks, so when they drop the big list of 140+ it's less shocking.

Arguably, nobody is bigger in public's eye than A-Rod and we've already seen proof he's done them, is it really going to shock the public when they see Ortiz or Vlad's or even Pujols name on there? They're sports page level stars, the front page superstar's name has already been released to test the water...

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post

metsbats,

Partner, if I may, let me give you some professional advice.

Start to unload his stuff. Keep a few favorites, but know this: He juiced.

Trust me when I say this. He absolutely, positively, withOUT question was a HEAVY steroid user. This is coming from a Dodger fan who was heartbroken when he left the Dodgers because they wouldn't pay him the big bucks. He was smart enough to get off of them in time, and he avoided all of the problems. Mike is a smart guy, there's no question about that. I own one of his rookie bats, and one of his Mizunnos.....but that's it.

If you are heavily invested, lighten up. It will eventually come out. I am interested if he will get lambasted along with the rest of them, before his voting time comes up for the Hall.

I may take a beating here for saying this, but Mike Piazza would have NEVER even made the bigs if it hadn't been for his relationship with Lasorda. Even then, he needed bigtime help. Steroids made him into the Hall of Famer he was. And again, I am a Dodger fan and LOVED Mike Piazza. But I've read tons about his tenure over the years with the Dodgers, I've seen his physique turn into that of a greek GOD right before our eyes, and I was at Dodger Stadium the night he hit a home run out of the park which landed on top of the accordian awning over deep left center field and ricocheted into the players parking lot.....an inhuman accomplishment.

The dude has muscles on top of muscles.

Oh yeah.....he juiced heavily.