Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Thumbs up 310.00 To Ship One Baseball

Not only do they charge you 60.00 to ship a baseball, they also charge you...........

"There is a $249.95 Processing Fee added to the winning bid due and payable to eDrop-Auction."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is basically 310.00 to ship this baseball.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&it em=280342405486

Re: 310.00 To Ship One Baseball

Sammy -

What kind of crack are those guys smoking??? The ball would be nice to own a Ruth and Gehrig AU, but the Slaughter AU in SHARPIE and the other '50s autos kind of kill the ball - at least for me - and the fact it's not on a Reach or Spalding Official AL or NL Ball knocks it down too... but that 'fee' is INSANE!!!

It's kind of like my Mantle, DiMaggio Sutton Ball... I got the ball CHEAP for two reasons - one, it's a Little League Ball - two, Sutton signed the ball well after Mick and Joe and he signed it IN SHARPIE and inscribed it to Tim!

Mantle is on the SS and shows nicely - until I find a better single signed SS Mantle (I have one in my sights once I get my settlement from this accident!) - DiMaggio is on the Side Panel and is inscribed To Henrietta - Best Wishes - Joe DiMaggio April 24, 1967.

I picked the ball up for a whopping $107.00!

So what do you think this Ruth Gehrig ball with all of the other non period sigs will go for?

All the best -

Chris

Sorry, even the criminals at eBay have rules against this. I reported it and it will be removed. Sorry, F-U can't do that BUUUUBYE
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Sorry to say this gingi-but i can almost guarentee that ebay will NOT cancel this auction.They should,you're right,but they won't.And why?Because ebay gets a percent of the total price that it sells for.And if theres one thing ebay is all about-IT'S GREED.Heck ,it's the reason they went to paypal only,a company they own,as the only way you can pay on there.EBAY IS A JOKE!!!And that's why im doing a one man boycott of it
    Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Sorry, even the criminals at eBay have rules against this. I reported it and it will be removed. Sorry, F-U can't do that BUUUUBYE

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Sorry to say this gingi-but i can almost guarentee that ebay will NOT cancel this auction.They should,you're right,but they won't.And why?Because ebay gets a percent of the total price that it sells for.And if theres one thing ebay is all about-IT'S GREED.Heck ,it's the reason they went to paypal only,a company they own,as the only way you can pay on there.EBAY IS A JOKE!!!And that's why im doing a one man boycott of it
    They are greedy and you're right that they get a % of the final price, but they DON'T get any money from the shipping cost. That's why they now have new rules about excessive shipping charges. You used to be able to sell something for $0.01 and charge $200 shipping to avoid fees, but you can no longer do that because of eBay's greed.

Not saying that they're definitely going to remove it, but they really don't like people trying to avoid fees in any way.

I will GUARANTEE you that eBay will NOT stop the auction for three reasons:

1) Seller is a POWER SELLER
    2) Seller is Top 5000 Reviewer (meaning they write on the guides, etc)
    3) Seller's MAIN items for sale are homes and eBay makes BANK on every one of those they Sell

Just my .02

- Chris

Banned

Everyone go to the bottom of the page, click "Report This Item" - "Listing Policy Violations" - "Circumvention of eBay fees" - "Other Attempts to Circumvent eBay fees" - Click Continue...

Then write a description: - I cut and paste - "There is a $249.95 Processing Fee added to the winning bid due and payable to eDrop-Auction."

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Everyone go to the bottom of the page, click "Report This Item" - "Listing Policy Violations" - "Circumvention of eBay fees" - "Other Attempts to Circumvent eBay fees" - Click Continue...

Then write a description: - I cut and paste - "There is a $249.95 Processing Fee added to the winning bid due and payable to eDrop-Auction."

Done!

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    Done!
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    Done!
    Done.