Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jordan game used All Star Jersey 2003

What do you guys think about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICHAEL-JORDAN-G...3A1%7C294%3A50

Re: Jordan game used All Star Jersey 2003

MJ last All Star Jersey for only 3,500. lol. Its only a procut . If it was really game used everybody would jump at that price.

Jojo

Banned

Your pictures you posted say it all. It's not real.

It comes with a loa from mears,i always thought they were pretty respected.I wonder how many jerseys he wore that game?

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    It comes with a loa from mears,i always thought they were pretty respected.I wonder how many jerseys he wore that game?
    MEARS gave it an A5, meaning that it was made/pro-cut to Jordan's specs. It does not even mean that it was game issued, never mind game worn. Joel or Troy can correct me if I'm wrong. In a sense, a score of A5 means "could have been game worn." I would hestitate to read much into an A5 score.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Thanks sportscentury-I was not aware of mears and thier scoring system,and did'nt read the loa,i just saw that it came from mears and i've heard people talk about them on here and thought they have a good reputation.Why would you have a non game used jersey certified?I mean what would the point of it.So you're saying that the jersey was'nt even game issued for jordan,that it was just made like it could be?Well if thats the case,how can this seller ask so much for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    MEARS gave it an A5, meaning that it was made/pro-cut to Jordan's specs. It does not even mean that it was game issued, never mind game worn. Joel or Troy can correct me if I'm wrong. In a sense, a score of A5 means "could have been game worn." I would hestitate to read much into an A5 score.

Thanks sportscentury-I was not aware of mears and thier scoring system,and did'nt read the loa,i just saw that it came from mears and i've heard people talk about them on here and thought they have a good reputation.Why would you have a non game used jersey certified?I mean what would the point of it.So you're saying that the jersey was'nt even game issued for jordan,that it was just made like it could be?Well if thats the case,how can this seller ask so much for it?
    No, that is not what I'm saying (and it is not what the MEARS A5 COA is saying). It is saying that the jersey was made to Jordan's specs. Period. The jersey could have been issued to Jordan for game use. The jersey could have been game worn by Jordan. The A5 score, though, does not speak to these latter issues, only that the jersey was made to the player's specs, leaving open the possibilities that it was game issued and game worn by the player in question.

Why do collectors want such a document? I would imagine that even the possibility of the item being game worn is appealing to some, particularly since a lot of folks would be wondering whether the item was actually a game jersey in the first place. Also, it may be that some collectors do not understand the MEARS scoring system. Some may believe that an A5 means more than it does. A5 is the most common score from what I've seen, but there may be many that are rejected that do not get a score at all. This would be a question for Troy.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Thanks again for the insight sportscentury-I'm sorry i got what you were saying wrong,sorry about that,as you can tell i'm not that up on scoring of jerseys and things like that.I guess cause i don't really understand it,not smart enough i guess.I wouldnt buy a5 jersey if that means that it could or could not be game used,i need more than a 50/50 chance that the player wore it to spend my hard earned money on it.So a A5 rating is the lowest rating than?And i have'nt and never would never buy a game issued jersey,as thats pointless to me.And i always wondered what's stopping someone from getting jerseys to a players specs and calling them game used.So mears with that A5 rating is just saying,yeah it's made the way jordan likes his jersey's?But they are not saying that it's jordan's jersey persay?They are saying it could be or could not be.Ok i think i got it now-thanks and sorry for being so stubid
    Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    No, that is not what I'm saying (and it is not what the MEARS A5 COA is saying). It is saying that the jersey was made to Jordan's specs. Period. The jersey could have been issued to Jordan for game use. The jersey could have been game worn by Jordan. The A5 score, though, does not speak to these latter issues, only that the jersey was made to the player's specs, leaving open the possibilities that it was game issued and game worn by the player in question.

Why do collectors want such a document? I would imagine that even the possibility of the item being game worn is appealing to some, particularly since a lot of folks would be wondering whether the item was actually a game jersey in the first place. Also, it may be that some collectors do not understand the MEARS scoring system. Some may believe that an A5 means more than it does. A5 is the most common score from what I've seen, but there may be many that are rejected that do not get a score at all. This would be a question for Troy.

Thanks again for the insight sportscentury-I'm sorry i got what you were saying wrong,sorry about that,as you can tell i'm not that up on scoring of jerseys and things like that.I guess cause i don't really understand it,not smart enough i guess.I wouldnt buy a5 jersey if that means that it could or could not be game used,i need more than a 50/50 chance that the player wore it to spend my hard earned money on it.So a A5 rating is the lowest rating than?And i have'nt and never would never buy a game issued jersey,as thats pointless to me.And i always wondered what's stopping someone from getting jerseys to a players specs and calling them game used.So mears with that A5 rating is just saying,yeah it's made the way jordan likes his jersey's?But they are not saying that it's jordan's jersey persay?They are saying it could be or could not be.Ok i think i got it now-thanks and sorry for being so stubid
    You're still reading too much into the score. An A5 does not give you a 50/50 chance that the jersey was game worn by the player in question. It only means what I stated. The lowest score is an A1. The scale is from A1 to A10. Here is the MEARS link for more information about the A5 score:

http://www.mearsonline.com/services/faqs.asp

I saw this jersey as well the other night on Ebay and emailed another colleague on here about it, and we both agree at BEST it is a game-issued.

If the seller had some sort of LOA from say the equip mngr at that All-Star game or some other solid provence from Jordan or another player who acquired it was indeed "game worn", then the MEARS grading would have been probably A9 or A10.

Joba- I too thought that having a MEARS LOA was one of the "best" 3rd-party LOA's out there, but as an A5, it is like SportsCentury is saying that it's good, but there's no way MEARS can really say it is "game worn" if there is no further proof. Maybe, maybe not. Who knows? With the recent Jordan Olympic jersey threads and GF auction a couple weeks ago, we all know there's TONS of these jerseys out there, but once you get by the authentics and game-issued and find markings to be possible "game worn", how do you really know without a definitive LOA/letter? I have a blue Jordan Olympic jersey that has all the markings to be "game worn", but since I acquired it via an auction house many years ago, all I have is a Lampson LOA but there's nothing 100% that says and can conclude it's really "game worn". Maybe I have something worth $30k or maybe something worth as a game-issued $2k?

Sorry for the ramblings, but just trying to help out a fellow Jordan enthusiast I've heard of possibly 2 "game worn" jerseys at NBA All-Star games, one for each half, so who knows.

I guess it all boils down to what you "think" it might be and how big a hole you can burn in your wallet for it! Good luck!