Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Carl Yastrzemski bat on E-bay

What would be a reasonable price to pay for this bat? My high bid is is $300 which will more than likely get out bid. Was just curious what would be "too much".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Banned

Re: Carl Yastrzemski bat on E-bay

I think that is a reasonable amount to bid although I am sure it will go over. I personally if I were to bid on a Yaz bat I would prefer an earlier one preferably from the 78 season but thats just me.

Well I'm not looking to spend a lot on a Yaz. I'm just a red sox fan and would like to add one to my collection. If that makes sense.

Also I noticed John Taube has a Yaz from 1980 on his site selling for $1300. This bat is 80-83. So I figure no more then $400 will I pay for it.

Banned

Then if thats the case its a must to get this one, if your a Red Sox fan you definitely need a Yaz in the collection.

Here is a previous thread you should review to help in making your decision.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=1784

Also, note that the 32 1/2 inch length is at least 1 1/2 inches shorter than Yaz ever ordered, and most of his gamers were 36 inches at the end of his career. This bat is very uncharacteristic in length and Model of Yaz' ordering patterns as documented in his factory records.

Good Luck in future collecting.

Mike

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justinlm24
    Also I noticed John Taube has a Yaz from 1980 on his site selling for $1300. This bat is 80-83. So I figure no more then $400 will I pay for it.
    I am just curious, and my question would be based on no authenticity issues with Broadway Rick's bat you are asking about, but how do you determine that you would pay $400.00 for this item based on John Taube selling a similar item for $1300.00?

I am always trying to figure out how people determine prices to pay for items based on other items being sold in the marketplace so your thoughts would be neat to determine this process.

So are you implying this bat is probably not authentic? If not I wont waste my money. I'm new to older bat collecting.....let me know.

Well $400 is fair. considering its near the end of his career, and the authenticity of the bat is now in question, I dunno if I'd spend $400. Plus I know Taube sells bats for ore than the value, so $400-$500 is more than fair.

plus the seller will not respond to me about any type of COA or if it is cracked......