Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AMI payments

Re: AMI payments

dave grob's analysis of AMI's new plan:

http://www.mearsonline.com/news/newsDetail.asp?id=641

rudy.

i read an article the other day about charlie munger. for those unaware, munger is warren buffett's right-hand man; chairman of berkshire hathaway. he gets almost as much interest in his advice and wisdom as buffett does. anyway, there was a line in the article that struck me as particularly relevant:

"Good businesses are ethical businesses, he tells us. A business model that relies on trickery is doomed to fail."

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    dave grob's analysis of AMI's new plan:

http://www.mearsonline.com/news/newsDetail.asp?id=641

rudy.
    Dave Grob has always been a reasonable, gentle person who has acted in a professional and dare I say diplomatic manner (I mean this all as a compliment, as I have great respect for him). Even this gentle framing of his, though, points to the inevitable (or, rather, impending) doom of AMI. It is very difficult for me to understand why anyone in his right mind would do business with these folks. I'm sure many of you remember my GUF posts from years ago pointing out the red flags, so this sentiment on my part is nothing new. There used to be a GUF member who regularly defended AMI, and, being that he has not posted on their behalf in some time, I can only presume that even he has thought better of their situation and future (to his credit). I bid a not-so-fond farewell to James A. Rast and his many real and imaginary AMI associates. Like Dave, I hope those who are owed money are ultimately paid.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Dave Grob has always been a reasonable, gentle person who has acted in a professional and dare I say diplomatic manner (I mean this all as a compliment, as I have great respect for him). Even this gentle framing of his, though, points to the inevitable (or, rather, impending) doom of AMI. It is very difficult for me to understand why anyone in his right mind would do business with these folks. I'm sure many of you remember my GUF posts from years ago pointing out the red flags, so this sentiment on my part is nothing new. There used to be a GUF member who regularly defended AMI, and, being that he has not posted on their behalf in some time, I can only presume that even he has thought better of their situation and future (to his credit). I bid a not-so-fond farewell to James A. Rast and his many real and imaginary AMI associates. Like Dave, I hope those who are owed money are ultimately paid.
    Reid-

Dave O'Brien and his AMI pom-poms?

Name:  dead_silence.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  57.7 KB

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    There used to be a GUF member who regularly defended AMI, and, being that he has not posted on their behalf in some time, I can only presume that even he has thought better of their situation and future (to his credit).

Reid,

This is correct. I am not on speaking terms with AMI and find what they have done to people over the past 10-12 months outrageous and unforgivable...

Dave

Not that this is an update to anyone, but I just got off the phone with our friends at AMI, and thank god I only consigned to them once and they owe me very little money...

The response is "that they have changed the way of doing business and this should bring in new revenues into AMI and they will assess those reveunes to then pay consigners what is owed"... when I asked where is the money from the item I consiged the answer was "the issue is not where the money is from that payment and whether or not AMI was paid"...

they agreed they owe me the money, and yet there is no clear answer as to how and when I will be paid.

When I explained that I have owned my own business and my currrent job is running national accounts for a global company, and she should stop trying to talk me in circles because I wasnt buying it, the phone went silent.

If you are owed enough GET A LAWYER... if not... do as I am going to... I am going to plan my next Vegas trip around my small claims court date with AMI...
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

The response is "that they have changed the way of doing business and this should bring in new revenues into AMI and they will assess those reveunes to then pay consigners what is owed"... when I asked where is the money from the item I consiged the answer was "the issue is not where the money is from that payment and whether or not AMI was paid"...

either they have your money from the sale or they have your item from the non-sale and can return it. you can't be "a little pregnant' you either are or you're not.

they could have my grail item right now with a photo match and i would not put a penny buying or selling through this company.

serious question do you think they will make it to the national convention as a company? or will their booth be empty.

take care
    john

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jonincleve View Post

either they have your money from the sale or they have your item from the non-sale and can return it. you can't be "a little pregnant' you either are or you're not.

they could have my grail item right now with a photo match and i would not put a penny buying or selling through this company.

serious question do you think they will make it to the national convention as a company? or will their booth be empty.

take care
    john
    Just a wild guess.......

Name:  empty booth.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  36.2 KB

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Reid,

This is correct. I am not on speaking terms with AMI and find what they have done to people over the past 10-12 months outrageous and unforgivable...

Dave
    Dave,

Fair enough.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Just a question for an attorney: If the seller has not been paid for a high end item, AMI sold it and collected the money, AMI mailed the item to New Buyer, New Buyer lists it in Auction House Unknown ... wouldn't the New Buyer that bought it from AMI be in receipt of stolen property even if he doesn't know it?