Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Funny Grey Flannel story-Pippen jersey..

A few days ago GF put a Pippen 1998-99 game used Bulls jersey on their site for sale. I think for almost 3k. I emailed them and told them Pipp didn't play for the Bulls in 98-99-thinking they probably just messed up the years and really meant 97-98. Nope-it was gone the next day. Would they really not know that?

Re: Funny Grey Flannel story-Pippen jersey..

It's sad that they authenticate items for the NBA Hall of Fame.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post
    A few days ago GF put a Pippen 1998-99 game used Bulls jersey on their site for sale. I think for almost 3k. I emailed them and told them Pipp didn't play for the Bulls in 98-99-thinking they probably just messed up the years and really meant 97-98. Nope-it was gone the next day. Would they really not know that?
    Greg-

Hard to believe such a mistake could be made by GF, based on the following information found on their home page:

"Grey Flannel was founded in 1989 in New York by Richard Russek and Andy Imperato. Grey Flannel, with their experience and expertise, has developed into the world's foremost authenticators and dealers of game-used jerseys. In 1994 GFC became the Official Appraisers and Authenticators for the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall Of Fame."

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Banned

Did anyone contact Grey Flannel to find out about the error?

I emailed them asking about the situation and received a nasty reply about their feelings about this web site that I cannot post on here.

Banned

if that is the case, is it possible the Hall of Fame has some dubious pieces on display?

Anytime anyone mentions an auction house your automatic reply is "did anyone contact them." It should be obvious that if they had they would mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Some people love to have a field day with auction houses they do not like. Did anyone contact Grey Flannel to find out about the error?

I emailed them asking about the situation and received a nasty reply about their feelings about this web site that I cannot post on here.
    Joel, the original poster says that he e-mailed GFC about the error.
    You were e-mailed about the situation? You mean the situation where the official authenticators of the basketball hall of fame failed to do a google search of Pippen's stats?
    If you can't post the nasty reply from an unknown person about his/her feelings of this website...then why mention it to begin with?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Joel, the original poster says that he e-mailed GFC about the error.
    You were e-mailed about the situation? You mean the situation where the official authenticators of the basketball hall of fame failed to do a google search of Pippen's stats?
    If you can't post the nasty reply from an unknown person about his/her feelings of this website...then why mention it to begin with?
    This fabricated drama is quite nauseating.
    According to Greg's initial post, he sent the seller an email indicating the error , and as a result the jersey is no longer available the following day. Instead of sending a "thank you" or reply email to Greg, it's noted that the seller has displeasure with this site?

Simply classic!

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Banned

I emailed them before I posted on here. They never emailed me back and explained the jersey. It just disappeared. I don't have a problem with GF. They have some great stuff and sometimes some dubious pieces. Like all places that sell: Do your own homework.

it seems like an auction house's like or dislike of this site is in direct proportion to the amount of screwups they make. historic auctions has blocked linking to their site from GUF. robert edwards auctions, on the other hand, has publically praised GUF and links to it on their site.

somehow the "official authenticator for the basketball hall of fame" can't even bothered to look up a roster yet it's this site that's the problem? what do GFC's feelings about this site have to do with them screwing up?

what richie is likely upset at is that his screwups are made public; that he's held accountable for his shoddy work. victor of AMI is probably none too happy about his consigners coming here and discussing how they haven't been paid in months and are forced to take legal action to get paid. i'm sure both would rather such info be kept quiet. it's like a scooby doo episode with a guy at the end shaking his fist and saying "i would've gotten away with it if not for you kids!"

rudy.