Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: eBay Account Hacked - Question!

I get fake emails purported to be from Pay Pal 2-3 times a month claiming my account would be suspended due to repeated failed log-in attempts. Never bit on any of 'em yet, and my Pay Pal account has been just fine.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I get fake emails purported to be from Pay Pal 2-3 times a month claiming my account would be suspended due to repeated failed log-in attempts. Never bit on any of 'em yet, and my Pay Pal account has been just fine.

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    like forwarding the emails to their respective abuse system you are preventing less savy people from being defrauded.

forward the email to spoof@paypal.com . it takes less than a minute of your time.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I had my account highjacked a few years ago. The guy was listing expensive Lakers season tickets. I emailed him and told him to give my account back. He told me to chill and that I'll get my account back in a day or two. He told me that he made 40k in one day. He was making deals off Ebay, collecting money via wire transfers I think. After I got my account back, I received emails from a couple of the persons who were swindled. I think they were SOL.

-Chris

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    like forwarding the emails to their respective abuse system you are preventing less savy people from being defrauded.

forward the email to spoof@paypal.com . it takes less than a minute of your time.
    Good suggestion, Joel...I'll remember that for the next one.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Ya nowdays a lot of scam activities is going on in ebay.
    My account was also hacked there once and from that day i neglect using ebay..