View Poll Results: wHO HATES BONDS

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • yOU REALLY HATE HIM

17 77.27%
  • OR YOU LIKE HIM

5 22.73%

Hatered For Bonds

Im Doing A Survey And I Would Like To Know How Many People Hate Bonds.

Re: Hatered For Bonds

Would have been easier to ask who loves Bonds....only Barry loves Barry

I am going to the game tomorrow at Philly and I have a feeling he is going yard for #713. GO Bonds and most all GO GIANTS!!!!

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy
    Would have been easier to ask who loves Bonds....only Barry loves Barry
    I think you're right about that. It seems Bonds visits the GU forum. He's the only one so far that voted "like him".

"Hate" is such a strong word. I think I merely despise him.

It is a shame that Barry Bonds has become such a phenomenon that he has become to most, the face of modern baseball. Baseball has traditionally been America’s game, but has come to represent an era of over paid players and designer drugs to almost all. The first thing that comes to mind when I hear of Bonds is the quote from Field of Dreams. The one constant, through all the years, has been baseball…….This field, this game: it's a part of our past. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. In his ignorance for the history and tradition of such an American game is destroying the fabric of baseball. No true baseball fan could ever stomach the thought of Bonds in his arrogance saying he was going to knock the Babe out. Imagine what would happen if hitters such as Ruth and Foxx had the all of the benefits which modern players currently enjoy. The bats alone have undergone such changes that the weight difference between one of Ruth’s massive timbers and Bonds toothpick would have added to his homerun totals drastically. Bonds is an abomination of what baseball is about. He is a blight on the A$$ of the game and his vile and loathsome behavior and comments would make any true fan disgusted with him along with Seligs cowardice while in the commissioners office.

He is a blight on the A$$ of the game and his vile and loathsome behavior and comments would make any true fan disgusted with him
    Awwww,.....come on, tell us how you really feel.

(and I agree)

Looks like Bonds, his mistress, and his mother voted for him!

Banned

I just read a chapter from The Game of Shadows. If the voice mails he left for his mistress are authentic, I despise the way he threatened her and spoke to her. The things he said are pretty sick.

Survey says, One more for the bad guy.

Bonds Refuses to Sign Ball for Lucky Fan
    Air Force Serviceman Catches Slugger's 713th Blast
    By DAN GELSTON, AP Sports

PHILADELPHIA (May 7) - Carlos Oliveras has a home run ball specially marked to assure authenticity.

More Coverage:
    · Bonds Moonshot Is No. 713
    · Bonds Chasing History

Watch Video:
    Bonds Blasts No. 713

Talk About It:
    · Post Thoughts

It just doesn't have Barry Bonds' autograph as the slugger refused to sign the ball.
    The 25-year-old Air Force serviceman bought his lucky ticket because he wanted to see Bonds chase Babe Ruth on the career home run list. Oliveras had little idea he'd be the one being chased - by fans, by media - after snagging career home run No. 713.
    When the San Francisco Giants' slugger hit a mammoth shot in the sixth inning off Philadelphia right-hander Jon Lieber to put him one behind the Babe on Sunday night, the ball bounced around Section 202 and into Oliveras' hands.
    "I never thought I was going to be lucky like that," Oliveras said.
    This was the first game of the three-game series Oliveras and a friend attended. He bought the ticket two days ago because he's a Bonds fans and wanted to see a slice of history. Then he was part of it.
    "Everybody was looking on the floor," Oliveras said. "The ball bounced to me. I grabbed the ball and I stuck it between my legs. Everyone was still looking around."
    Oliveras, a native of Puerto Rico, said no one immediately tried to snag the ball because he had it hidden. When the media and Phillies security discovered he caught the ball, other Phillies fans - many who spent the series jeering the sullen slugger - started yelling for him to throw the ball back.
    "It made me nervous," he said.
    Oliveras, an Airman 1st Class who lives on McGuire Air Force Base in Fort Dix, N.J., paid $20 for his seat in Section 202, Row 7, Seat 24.
    He said he is a Bonds fan and would probably keep the ball. He hoped it would have Bonds' signature.
    Bonds said no when he was asked at his news conference if he would sign the ball if a fan wanted an autograph. Moments later, when an official asked if there were any more questions, Oliveras piped up:
    "Will you sign my ball?"
    Bonds smirked and said nothing.
    After his news conference, Bonds shook Oliveras' hand and took a picture with him.
    "I'm happy because I got a picture and he shook my hand," he said.
    There was one signature needed though. Oliveras had to sign a waiver for Bonds' reality