Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

1970s Cleveland Indians jersey..

Always loved those Red Indians jerseys. Would love to have one of Boog, Oscar, or Eck. But would take a common too (doesn't have to be a red one either). LMK what you got. Thanks!

Re: 1970s Cleveland Indians jersey..

There was a really nice Eck jersey in the last Legendary Auctions. Unfortunately, I got outbid on it during extended bidding. I will keep my eyes open for one and let you know if I see any more.

I have a 1977 navy blue alternate Jeff Torborg Indians jersey -- I think it's also his rookie jersey. I hadn't given much thought to selling it because I too liked many of the old 70's and 80's styles. I bought his jersey specifically because he was a past manager of the Mets. If you're interested in this jersey, please feel free to shoot em an email -- TNT_Toys@yahoo.com
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Banned

Send me a picture of it, if possible. I might be. Thanks!

Banned

Todd:

This is not a commentary on any jersey mentioned in this thread, but this style was recycled on the MLB level frequently, in terms of year(s) of usage, as well as NOB and # changes. Many examples a re nice quality, but others resemble many of the Twins gamers of the late 1970s. Nick's jersey does have that one unique aspect, being his first manager's jersey (he was a coach on the Tribe who replaced Frank Robinson after Robby was shown the door). Good luck searching!

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Sorry, I did put that incorrectly -- course it's always a crap shoot when I am trying to respond while I am supposed to be focused on work!!!

My Torborg jersey was likely one of the jerseys he wore during his first year as the Indians manager, not as a player... as he never played for the tribe (thanks Dave).
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Fusco Auctions currently has this Red '70's Indians Gamer and several other styles of Indians jerseys...

http://www.artfact.com/auction-lot/1...4-c-ab8b6d1b87

Banned

Thanks guys!

please shoot me an email to compare notes. i say this with due respect ....damn you guys for 'outing' the jim kern jersey at fusco's. i saw that jersey 2 months ago and knew it was going into this auction here is a photo of my basement

take care
    john

jonincleve@sbcglobal.net
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by jonincleve View Post
    please shoot me an email to compare notes. i say this with due respect ....damn you guys for 'outing' the jim kern jersey at fusco's. i saw that jersey 2 months ago and knew it was going into this auction here is a photo of my basement

take care
    john

jonincleve@sbcglobal.net

Hey John... That was my sentiment exactly. I plan on attending this auction and bidding on this jersey. I have been going to Paul's auctions for years and he has always been our local secret for a long time regarding a solid place to find great Browns and Tribe gear... I picked up my Kosar, Price, Olin, and a number of other jerseys from him in the past. I'm sure that I will see you there.