Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tkweinstein
    • May 2009

MLB hologram replacement

Does anyone know if MLB replaces damaged holograms? I attempted to slowly peel one off from a jersey though some of the residue remained on the fabric and the sticker now appears to have "bubbles" on it?

-Tom
  • Mauer7
    Banned
    • Oct 2008

Re: MLB hologram replacement

They are designed to do that. They will not replace it. Your supposed to leave them on the item.

Comment

• tkweinstein
      • May 2009

My intention was to print out MLB's Authenticated database description of the item and place the sticker on it to have some sort of Letter of Authenticty to display next to the jersey. Is there someone I could contact from Major League Baseball as I am the original owner and have no problems verifying this with the invoice?

-Tom

Comment

• the3lads
        • Mar 2007

So.... from the "bubbles" on the hologram, you can tell if an item has been tampered with? Always wondered what would happen if the MLB hologram was removed. Would this be the case with Steiner holograms also? A handy tip to know.

Comment

• Mauer7
          Banned
          • Oct 2008

The holograms are made to tear apart when tampered with, but if lightly abused, they can bubble so to speak. Most holograms in the sports memorabilia industry are made to do this.

Comment

• emann
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by the3lads
            So.... from the "bubbles" on the hologram, you can tell if an item has been tampered with? Always wondered what would happen if the MLB hologram was removed. Would this be the case with Steiner holograms also? A handy tip to know.
            The Steiner ones pull little circles out of the sticker when removed (which can be cleaned off bats easily). I remove all the Steiner ones from bats if the bat has an MLB auth sticker on it also...

Comment

• rj_lucas
              • Apr 2009

Try contacting customer support for the authentication group:

authentication@website.mlb.com

or 866-800-1275 (mlb.com, but should be able to get you to the right person).

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Rick
              rickjlucas@gmail.com

Comment

• Tay1038
                • Dec 2005

I've thought about this a few times meself. Some MLB reps just slap a sticker on there in the oddest place which make the display of the bat look like carp! I in particular hate when they have room to place a sticker under the knob and decide to just stick it on the barrel in a random place. Just my 2 cents....
                Email: Tay1038@aol.com
                - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

Comment

• tkweinstein
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by rj_lucas
                  Try contacting customer support for the authentication group:

authentication@website.mlb.com

or 866-800-1275 (mlb.com, but should be able to get you to the right person).

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Rick
                  rickjlucas@gmail.com
                  I will contact them. Thank you for the information.

Comment

• mattmueller
                    • Dec 2007

Just an FYI, that is the customer service number for all of MLB.com. It routes to a call center in Manila. I have had to call it a handful of times in the last month to work out some mlb.tv billing issues. I have yet to find a representative who can even understand the most basic request or issue, and have yet to call when a supervisor who may be better equipped to understand a semi-complex situation (which I am sure authentication is) is available to talk to. Long story short, I'd call MLB's New York offices, 212-931-7800.
                    email is matmuell at umich.edu

Comment

• Cleanupman1645
                      • May 2015

Any luck?

Comment

Working...