Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

I'm new to this forum and site and wanted to introduce myself with a question... does anyone know if the Rays had set and year tags in their 2004 jerseys?

Thanx in advance... ken

Re: Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Quote Originally Posted by LAKOTTA View Post
    I'm new to this forum and site and wanted to introduce myself with a question... does anyone know if the Rays had set and year tags in their 2004 jerseys?

Thanx in advance... ken
    Being a football collector I can't answer your question Ken but I can certainly offer a warm welcome to the forum...welcome aboard and happy collecting!

Banned

Thanx in advance... ken
    The next pre-2009 Rays/Devil Rays jersey of any year, player, or manufacturer I see with year/set/player ID tagging will be the first.

Dave M.
    Berwyn IL

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    The next pre-2009 Rays/Devil Rays jersey of any year, player, or manufacturer I see with year/set/player ID tagging will be the first.

Dave M.
    Berwyn IL

Does that mean that they didn't use tagging and also, is that Dave Midema? (sorry if i misspelled)

Banned

Does that mean that they didn't use tagging and also, is that Dave Midema? (sorry if i misspelled)
    No tagging that I have ever seen, and, yes, this is Dave Miedema. (No problem on the mis-spelling...it happens a lot to me, both in and out of the hobby).

I thought so... i tried to send you a private message but you won't allow them so, i don't know if you'll remember me but, i used to live in minnesota and originated from indy and met you on MANY conventions (usually in michigan with the grubers, dick curry, murf denny and larry p.)... the name's ken shinkle.

Banned

I thought so... i tried to send you a private message but you won't allow them so, i don't know if you'll remember me but, i used to live in minnesota and originated from indy and met you on MANY conventions (usually in michigan with the grubers, dick curry, murf denny and larry p.)... the name's ken shinkle.
    Yeah...I recall you from the Indy shows. If I recall, you also were quite the hockey collector as well, right?

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Post Re: Tampa Bay Devil Rays

I know that in 2008 the Rays used a "Set 2008" strip tagging on the inside of the jerseys. They werent on all of their jerseys, but I would suspect most of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Yeah...I recall you from the Indy shows. If I recall, you also were quite the hockey collector as well, right?

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    That is correct, oh TALL one... still collect hockey but looking into a few baseball items, hence my original question about the Rays tagging.

Banned

jlew: I have now seen my first, somehwat like the Phillies starting to use inside placket two-digit year tags in 2008. Thanks for sharing.

Dave M.
    Chicago area