Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Nice win Lakers! long series?

Nothing against the Lakers...I'm a Phil Jackson fan from his days with the Bulls dynasty...but I'm hoping for a Cavs-Nuggets NBA Finals, in order to see some really fresh faces in the World Series of the NBA.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Nothing against the Lakers...I'm a Phil Jackson fan from his days with the Bulls dynasty...but I'm hoping for a Cavs-Nuggets NBA Finals, in order to see some really fresh faces in the World Series of the NBA.

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    Dave,

You may get your wish. All four remaining teams are exciting ... no matter what the match-up, I expect the series to be good. These are the four best teams in the NBA (though only because KG is out), and it's nice to see the best teams meet each other at the end. I can't wait to see if the Magic can challenge the King and his teammates tonight.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

The raitings would suck big time!
    If the Lakers get knocked out Iam done with the NBA for 08-09 season.

Rudy

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Quote Originally Posted by dodgersfan View Post

Rudy
    As a basketball fan, I'm far more interested in a series being competitive and exciting than I am with TV ratings. The Lakers may pull it out, but I continue to be amazed at how much trouble they're having in some of their games. I certainly didn't expect them to lose two games to the Rockets without Yao, McGrady, and Dikembe (and three games to the Rockets total). And they came close to losing at home again last night. The players around Kobe are overrated (Pau, Odom, Fisher, etc.). Pau may be the most overrated player in the game. He's a good player, no doubt, but you just never know if he's going to show up and play hard for 48 minutes. Kobe will have to carry the team on his back, just as he did last year in the playoffs. I'm not saying he can't do it, mind you, as there is little Kobe can't do. It has to take a lot out of him as games and time pass, though. Tomorrow night's game is critical. If the Lakers can come out and dominate, it will set the tone for rest of the series. Last night's game certainly did not send much of a message to the Nuggets (other than the Nuggets have a shot).
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Rudy
    You don't think LeBron would bring in at least some viewers (assuming Game 1 against Orlando was an aberration and not the outcome of the series)?

Dave M.
    Chicago area

I think he would bring some raitings,Iam just saying there is no way I would watch anymore NBA the rest of the year if my Lakers got bounced.
    Dave,Can I switch up a little and ask you in your opinion who is a better player at this point of the season? Kobe or Lebron?

Rudy

You don't think LeBron would bring in at least some viewers (assuming Game 1 against Orlando was an aberration and not the outcome of the series)?

Dave M.
    Chicago area

All tied up. This has been, and is likely going to continue to be, a truly great series.

No doubt about it Reid!

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    All tied up. This has been, and is likely going to continue to be, a truly great series.

Banned

I think he would bring some raitings,Iam just saying there is no way I would watch anymore NBA the rest of the year if my Lakers got bounced.
    Dave,Can I switch up a little and ask you in your opinion who is a better player at this point of the season? Kobe or Lebron?

Rudy
    I'd probably give it to Kobe...barely...because he has 3 rings, and Lebron is trying to get his first. Still, either man, in any game, can put on a show unlike anything we've seen since MJ's prime. That question's answer could change from day-to-day, depending on what Kobe or King James has done recently to give their teams victory.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

The Lakers/Nuggets series has some major competition. Have folks been watching the Cavs/Magic series? How about LBJ's game winner tonight? So sick.