Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Nice win Lakers! long series?

Awesome game tonight and LeBron's buzzer beater was crazy!!! Definitely an instant classic!! I would not be at all surprised to see both of these series' go 7 games a piece.

I am also really impressed with Orlando. Keep in mind, they have gone the whole playoffs without their floor general and all star point guard, Jameer Nelson. If not for the heroics of James, Orlando's up 2-0 and going home. Don't be surprised if both the Nuggets and the Magic limp into the Finals. Great stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reed1216 View Post
    Awesome game tonight and LeBron's buzzer beater was crazy!!! Definitely an instant classic!! I would not be at all surprised to see both of these series' go 7 games a piece.

I am also really impressed with Orlando. Keep in mind, they have gone the whole playoffs without their floor general and all star point guard, Jameer Nelson. If not for the heroics of James, Orlando's up 2-0 and going home. Don't be surprised if both the Nuggets and the Magic limp into the Finals. Great stuff!!!
    Birdman vs. Magic in the 21st century?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I'd probably give it to Kobe...barely...because he has 3 rings, and Lebron is trying to get his first. Still, either man, in any game, can put on a show unlike anything we've seen since MJ's prime. That question's answer could change from day-to-day, depending on what Kobe or King James has done recently to give their teams victory.

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    As of today (Saturday), it's Lebron. Stay tuned, however...by the end of Lakers-Nuggets Game 3 it may be Kobe again. It reminds me of the early 1990s McDonald's commercial with MJ and Bird playing an outrageous game of H-O-R-S-E.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

You were right Dave!
    Kobe was clutch last night!
    What a steal by Ariza once again.

Rudy

Quote Originally Posted by dodgersfan View Post
    You were right Dave!
    Kobe was clutch last night!
    What a steal by Ariza once again.

Rudy
    Yup, it was like deja vu. I love Karl, but that was not one of his best coaching moments.

The NBA Playoffs were terrific last year... but they have been even better this year. I don't think we could ask for two better Conference Finals series.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I'm still not understanding what Mark Jackson said last night that Gasol is the third best player in the series (Kobe and Melo obviously are the first two), shouldn't Billups be the third best?

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    I'm still not understanding what Mark Jackson said last night that Gasol is the third best player in the series (Kobe and Melo obviously are the first two), shouldn't Billups be the third best?
    I like Gasol, but he is NO Chauncey Billups. Billups is one of the most under-rated players in the NBA. And he is anything but soft. I didn't hear Jackson say that, but it doesn't surprise me. Between Van Gundy and Jackson, it's a clown show (I like them both, but they are way too loose with their comments and their petty shots at each other are tiring). Van Gundy said Kobe is the best Laker of all time the other night. Kobe is an absolute monster, no doubt, but the best Laker of all time? As Warren would say, puhleaaase. Gasol is definitely fourth best in the series, though.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    As Warren would say, puhleaaase. Gasol is definitely fourth best in the series, though.
    Reid, I think you've misquoted me. That's OK though. That isn't my vernacular. I would say, "don't make no sense!". If you are speaking of another Warren, then please ignore me.
    As for the Kobe v, BronBron thing. Hands down Kobe is better. Kobe has that killer instinct, Bron does not. I have followed Bron from jump, and I have always thought he was scared to be the goat. Bron is a fabulous player, but he needs to get more mean and nasty. I'd rather have Kobe take the last shot. Bron bites his nails, which means he thinks too much. But the refs like Kobe and Bron equally.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Reid, I think you've misquoted me. That's OK though. That isn't my vernacular. I would say, "don't make no sense!". If you are speaking of another Warren, then please ignore me.
    As for the Kobe v, BronBron thing. Hands down Kobe is better. Kobe has that killer instinct, Bron does not. I have followed Bron from jump, and I have always thought he was scared to be the goat. Bron is a fabulous player, but he needs to get more mean and nasty. I'd rather have Kobe take the last shot. Bron bites his nails, which means he thinks too much. But the refs like Kobe and Bron equally.
    Warren, that don't make no sense.

The series in the East is over!

Lakers vs Orlando,Lakers in 5!
    Kobe MVP and avg. 36.5 a game.

Rudy