Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Nice win Lakers! long series?

I want them to win it here in L.A,it would be nice.
    If they come back to L.A by any chance I will buy the cheapest ticket in the house just to be there.

Rudy

Quote Originally Posted by dodgersfan View Post
    My prediction will be the Lakers in 5!
    What do you guys think?
    I want to hear all of your predictions.

Rudy

Lakers should treat Game 5 as if it is Game 7, even though you have a 3-1 lead you cannot give the opposition any leverage to come back because anything can happen that could swing around the momentum of the series. I always think back to the Knicks Miami series in 1997 where the Knicks were up 3-1 in the series and in control then the brawl took place between JP Brown and Chuckie Ward and Miami came all the way back to win with all the player suspensions.

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    not just with the elbow but in general

"There were times he was out there cursing the refs out and they weren't calling technical fouls,'' Alston said of Kobe. "I would get ejected [for that], but they won't eject Kobe.''

I heard a couple of people talking on the train this morning that Gasol shouldn't have dunked the ball because the Lakers had the game in hand and he was rubbing it in. Your thoughts?

That is just dumb. Perhaps Gasol should have pulled it back out and run out the clock but he was right in front of the rim. Certainly, I don't think a thought went through his heat in the moment about rubbing anything in.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

he should be suspended, smashing fists into Gasol's back. If Pau didn't hang on the rim, that could have been an injury.

I agree that this is a really bad play that could have resulted in a very serious injury. I guess I just get tired of this nonsense with the Ref's and the league throwing people out left and right and suspending players for plays that would have been enforced on the floor 20 plus years ago.

Again, not defending this play as it was really bad but just like everything else it will give the Magic another dumb excuse as to why they lost.

I keep hearing on all the blogs how the Celtics should be here in these finals. Get over it, injuries are part of the game and nothing is guarenteed. As Kobe continues to age and hits 31 later this year, it is safe to say with all the games he has played that he might start to experience some injuries that could deter the Lakers from making another run. It sucks and you don't want injuries to keep the best teams from winning but lets face it, the reason that the Bulls won 6, the Lakers three straight is staying largely healthy. There is some measure of luck involved with this of course but that is just the way it goes.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Typical crazy ass Lakers fans!
    I heard this crap all night long,I live about less than a 2 minute drive from this nonsense.

Rudy

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...4-Victory.html

I heard a couple of people talking on the train this morning that Gasol shouldn't have dunked the ball because the Lakers had the game in hand and he was rubbing it in. Your thoughts?
    I hope these people were taking the train to school, because they need some education. Gasol would have been NUTS to not dunk that ball. The game was not clearly won at that point ... his dunk sealed it. Plus, it's the Finals... it's just instinct to grab the ball and dunk it. It's not like they were up by 10 with three seconds left.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    [/b]

That is just dumb. Perhaps Gasol should have pulled it back out and run out the clock but he was right in front of the rim. Certainly, I don't think a thought went through his heat in the moment about rubbing anything in.
    Exactly. The only thing I disagree with is that he should have pulled back. He could feel the defender on his tail and his instinctively dunked it. If he had pulled back, he would not even have taken a second off of the clock. Pietrus was out for blood. Tim Legler this morning said that he had never seen such a malicious foul in the Playoffs. This is saying a lot, because Dahntay Jones and Rajon Rondo made some extremely dirty fouls this year alone.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgersfan View Post
    Typical crazy ass Lakers fans!
    I heard this crap all night long,I live about less than a 2 minute drive from this nonsense.

Rudy

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...4-Victory.html
    This is typical? Very sad. Disgusting, in fact.

Reid,these morons have nothing better else to do.
    I agree with you that this is very sad and disgusting.
    Imagine how these fans are going to get when the Lakers win their 15th championship.

Rudy

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    This is typical? Very sad. Disgusting, in fact.

I don't consider these people as fans, they're more of losers in life who have pent up aggression waiting to explode and they use these moments as golden opportunities to unleash their fury and destruction. I would like to know how many of these can name the full roster of this season's Lakers squad.

sportscentury, those I saw/heard on the train were actually grown men construction workers that fully display, with pride, the name of their unions stitched onto their clothing and decals on their helmets. I see them from time to time but they're mostly talking about football. I agree with your views, also had they tried to run out the clock and gotten fouled it's possible they might have only made one free throw or none at all so that was a prudent play by Gasol to dunk to basketball ensuring the two points.

I have to rewatch the game again, but was reading somewhere the Lakers did not take any free throws the entire fourth quarter and most of overtime up until the flagrant foul on Pietrus. Is this true?