Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: OT: Game Used Oddities....

OK, I know this doesn't really fit but it is late and I am getting a bit slap happy.

My uncle was widowed in his 80s - then remarried. The write-up in the local newspaper said they were married at "the Untied Lutheran Church in Frost, MN." (It was at United Lutheran.)

Nothing more newsworthy and wild than a bunch of "untied Lutherans!!!"

aeneas01, do you have any other (or larger) pictures of the Packers in the blue coats?

I have an 86' St. Louis Cardinals jersey worn by Lance Smith with his full name on the back. I'm assuming the pic of Leonard Smith is from the same season. Wonder why they didn't stop after La? and Le?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by BorchertField View Post
    aeneas01, do you have any other (or larger) pictures of the Packers in the blue coats?

robert

btw great stuff guys! i especially like zorn sporting #12, the nba shots and the decal-less jets helmet!

robert

Every once in a while in the NHL, a goalie will be traded from one team to another mid-way through the season. As modern-day NHL goalies customize the color scheme of their pads/masks/equipment to match the team jersey/uniform colors, this often creates a problem when a goalie is playing for one team and then is suddenly traded to a new team and forced to play for that new team just a few days later... I can remember a few instances, such as when Roland Melanson was traded mid-season from the New York Islanders to the Minnesota North Stars in 1984 (couldn't find any photos of him from that time, but I remember him wearing Islanders blue/orange colored pads with his green/gold North Stars jersey). This happened again in 1989 when New York Islanders goalie Kelly Hrudey was traded mid-season from the New York Islanders to the Los Angeles Kings. See photos below of Kelly Hrudey wearing his New York Islanders pads and gloves, while wearing his new L.A. Kings jersey.

Banned

Here's a Jets game in 1965 - looks like none of the Jets players had Logos on their helmets. I guess the team had to do what they needed to do to get the team outfitted.

Jim

I can't believe no one posted this before me.

Michael Jordan wearing #12.

I can't remember the story behind it exactly, but I think Jordan's jersey was lost or stolen.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 5kRunner View Post
    I can't believe no one posted this before me.

Michael Jordan wearing #12.

I can't remember the story behind it exactly, but I think Jordan's jersey was lost or stolen.

I have a perfect photo from this game from a Orlando Sentinel photog (need to scan it). My mom was at this game, and I also have some "mom-quality" photos. The jersey was stolen before the game from the locker room; obviously an inside job. The equipment manager walked through the crowd looking for an authentic replica. They were all too small. MJ wore an extra number 12 that the EM carried for such a circumstance.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mfsquirrelmaster View Post
    I have an 86' St. Louis Cardinals jersey worn by Lance Smith with his full name on the back. I'm assuming the pic of Leonard Smith is from the same season. Wonder why they didn't stop after La? and Le?
    That reminds me of the Bears a few years ago, with two T Johnsons...the NOBs were full names (Tank Johnson and Todd Johnson).

Dave M.
    Chicago area