Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Larry Bird Sand Knit Indiana State Basketball Jersey

Thank you for the picture. I can't tell if that jersey he is wearing is mesh or not but the number and letter placement looks similar. I just ordered an 11x14 SIU cover Blow Up from the National Finalist Season as I believe the color in that picture will show if my jersey is his home jersey from that year.

Also, I have seen Majic Johnson's Michigan State jersey sell through a national auction house for $20,000+ How do Bird's prices compare to Magic's.

Also this jersey is a classic example of the debate on whether an auto is good or bad for a jersey. I feel that since this jersey was signed with such a nice looking auto back in 1980, that the auto makes the item better. Just my opinion.

Any other input from anybody would be great. If anyone has photo matches to this jersey, I would be interested in purchasing them.

Re: Sand Knit Indiana State Basketball Jersey

Do you have proof positive that this WASN'T worn by Bird. Size 42 is a very likely size for Bird in the late 70s. Don't forget Dr. J wore a size 40 at the same time for the Sixers. I have never seen an Indiana State photo of Bird wearing mesh. The previously posted ISU Bird photos are ALL wearing knit. This is tagged, lettered and numbered like a gamer. The autograph looks nice.

KNIT

Is this the jersey posted on ebay on ebay weeks ago ?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:L:RTQ:US:1

the seller told me:

"It was on framed display at the Hulman Center (Terre Haute, Indiana) in 1979."

Banned

Exact Same jersey! Question is......why did it not get the minimum bid the first time around? And if you hit the relisted button, the guy who bid that time did not pay b/c the jersey was then sold to me one the previous bidder backed out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard
    Do you have proof positive that this WASN'T worn by Bird. Size 42 is a very likely size for Bird in the late 70s. Don't forget Dr. J wore a size 40 at the same time for the Sixers. I have never seen an Indiana State photo of Bird wearing mesh. The previously posted ISU Bird photos are ALL wearing knit. This is tagged, lettered and numbered like a gamer. The autograph looks nice.
    No proof it wasn't worn! Actually, the letter I received with the jersey written by the former friend of the Hulman family who had Bird sign the jersey in 1980 says amongst the letter: "I am not a sports jersey expert so I cannot guarantee that this jersey was worn in actual game play by Larry Bird, even though I was originally told that he made have worn it." (by the person who gave the Dr. the jersey) I believe the jersey to be game worn and maybe even the exact jersey pictured in all 3 of these photos. I am waiting for my blowup SI cover to arrive so I can look for the indention you see on the left front 3 of the jersey and the couple loose threads sticking out.

Both teams played hard, if this is the jersey depicted in some of the photos shown, what do you believe the auction house's could get for it? Close to the $20,000-$25,000 grand the Magic Johnson MSU jersey sold for in a major auction house? Not that I want to sell it being an MVC fan.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGEND33
    Is this the jersey posted on ebay on ebay weeks ago ?

the seller told me:

FYI
    It looks like when this was originally sold here
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8794137446
    The winning bidder, who is listed as no longer an ebay regsitered user, is a suspended user of this forum.

Eric

Banned

Don't hold that against me.

Banned

I can't believe all the people who bid and then passed on the jersey if it is as legit as it appears to be.

Banned

[quote=LEGEND33]Is this the jersey posted on ebay on ebay weeks ago ?

the seller told me:

Was there a reason you were not interested in owning the jersey? Did you think the bids would go higher or something?