Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

New York Yankees/Mets Trainer Gus Mauch

I just picked up a nice collection of memorabilia from the estate of former New York Yankees and New York Mets trainer Gus Mauch.

In searching the web for a biography on Gus Mauch, I come up empty. Can anyone help me find some sort of biographical information on Gus Mauch?

Included in the collection is some old reel to reel video tape of the 1953 World Series on 4 tapes. Some of the tape is worn and old, but I assume most of it can be put together again for use. Does anyone know about restoration for vintage video (it would be viewed on a projector) and if there is a resale market for such tape?

There are two other tapes that are not identified, but from the same collection.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: New York Yankees/Mets Trainer Gus Mauch

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post
    Wow! That was fast! Thanks - That link is great!

Any help with the old tape knowledge or any other articles will be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Some of the tape is worn and old, but I assume most of it can be put together again for use. Does anyone know about restoration for vintage video (it would be viewed on a projector) and if there is a resale market for such tape?
    Joel, sounds like some cool stuff...but what you want to call this is film...not tape nor video. Most likely 8mm or 16mm...just measure. You may have to send it off, but I'm sure someone in Chicago can lead you in the right direction. Film.

http://legacydigital.net/8mm-and-16m...FSRPagod01f72w
    If this isn't film from an historic occasion, then I don't think it is cost effective.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Joel, sounds like some cool stuff...but what you want to call this is film...not tape nor video. Most likely 8mm or 16mm...just measure. You may have to send it off, but I'm sure someone in Chicago can lead you in the right direction. Film.
    Thanks. Do I restore it myself or should I shop it for a buyer? I have no clue.

The collection is neat. Lots of programs and yearbooks. Some oddball stuff, like it appears there is a Casey Stengel Christmas ash tray and some pins and pendants. Some 1955 Yankees tour of Japan stuff and some Yankee Alumni Directories.

The Alumni Directories are cool - They offer home addresses and phone numbers of members of the team past and present.

I'm sure there is someone in Chicago who can transfer the film to DVD...after you view the footage, you can decide whether it's necessary or worth the money for restoration.

would be interested in the mets items
    thanks LNFOGEL@AOL.COM

Is Gus a brother to Gene Mauch? I'd be interested in anything with a Senator/Twins connection.