"1) l.o.o states issued to team, then states pro-cut ? are they not differant?"

not literally issued to team. jersey specs consistent with team issuance. but not actually issued. confusing? yes.

"2) states properly tagged and sewn proffessionaly as all game issued for game use are, still "pro cut" designation."

pro cut = pro spec. the big question really is how they knew it was a pro cut.

"3) doesn't state what year was worn again pro-cut, but comment's state jersey exhibits light wear and signed on the back, but on the letter it also staes under "wear characteristics" evident use: light wear consitent with player: no (pro-cut) they state it show's use but assume it's not by jordan?"

one thing i've always found confusing about the A5 is that on one hand mears states that they aren't saying the item was game-worn but they then go on to describe the wear. "exhibits wear..but we're not saying it was game-worn". brilliant. my guess is they don't want to go out on a limb and assert something was game-worn. they'd rather just say the jersey meets pro specs and show use. wherever that use came from is anyone's guess. they don't assume it wasn't by jordan and they don't assume it was by jordan. they just don't take any position on the matter at all.

"they give an obvious 2003 all-star pro cut jersey on ebay right now an a-5 rating for game use with nothing to back it up from being a pro-cut, but claim mine to be pro-cut but mine is properly tagged ,sewn, font size, you name it in every way to a true jordan gamer and show's use and was signed by jordan himself. but mine get's the shaft on it's value? with the extra "pro-cut" designation on the top of the letter? sorry but, still very confused!!!!"

yes. like i said, the big question is why yours managed to get a special "pro cut" designation. i imagine the reality of it is that mears has authenticated dozens of procuts as A5s and not called any of them procuts so why did they call yours a procut? i don't know. only troy would know.

it is interesting though that even a MEARS-admitted procut gets an A5, further solidifying the idea that there's nothing about an A5 that says the jersey was even anywhere near a stadium. it's a just a jersey that meets pro specs, aka a procut. why even bother authenticating a procut? it's not even worth the authentication fee. an A5 is the highest grade that a post-1987 jersey without provenance can achieve. so let's say you've got 2 pujols jerseys for example; one of them you got directly from pujols after a game but have no proof whatsoever and the other came from jersey-joe and was sold as a $500 procut. both would receive an A5. MEARS, in a roundabout way, claims its hands are tied with this current wave of procuts insofar as them being unable to tell them apart from legit gamers. i can't be positive but i believe there are differences and MEARS just isn't looking hard enough. look at the lebron procuts vs gamers. the procuts were the wrong size. pretty big difference.

rudy.