Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Paul Pierce's 2006 St. Patrick's Day Celts Jersey? (Hint: No)

If you are the bidder, you should back out of this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...lenotsupported

Here is a great shot of The Truth wearing this jersey (from Getty):
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Re: Paul Pierce's 2006 St. Patrick's Day Celts Jersey? (Hint: No)

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    If you are the bidder, you should back out of this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...lenotsupported

Here is a great shot of The Truth wearing this jersey (from Getty):
    Cool find - I don't believe you can back out with less than 12 hours left in a listing, but hopefully the buyer sees the missing shamrock from Getty before they pay for this jersey.

I wonder where pro-cut tagged jerseys like this come from.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Cool find - I don't believe you can back out with less than 12 hours left in a listing, but hopefully the buyer sees the missing shamrock from Getty before they pay for this jersey.

I wonder where pro-cut tagged jerseys like this come from.
    Hi, Joel - I'm in the midst of helping the seller understand the situation with her jersey now. I hope she will simply tell the high bidder of her mistake.

As for backing out, you can always back out when you haven't yet paid. I certainly advocate following eBay rules ... but I would never pay for a jersey I knew was bad, eBay rules or not. In this case, I would hope that the seller would not place a non-paying-bidder strike against the high bidder as she is the one who placed a bad jersey for sale as a gamer (though I am sure it was an honest mistake).

The missing shamrock is one problem. Spacing is another. The jersey seems to be an extra that was made up for promotional purposes, or perhaps it was an authentic that was sold to the public.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I received a note from a GUU member stating that the jersey is perfect and that the shamrock was not added until the 2006-07 season, though I see that he did not post here. This is not true. The Getty Image I posted is # 57195527 from March 17, 2006 (2005-2006 season).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    I received a note from a GUU member stating that the jersey is perfect and that the shamrock was not added until the 2006-07 season, though I see that he did not post here. This is not true. The Getty Image I posted is # 57195527 from March 17, 2006 (2005-2006 season).
    I was going to ask you if that Getty image was from the right season but I didn't think you would make that mistake!