Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Doesn't T Vick Deserve A Second Chance?

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    sounds like someone can't read the thread title. the title asks if vick deserves another chance. every tool in the world knows he's obviously receiving one. the question was whether it's deserved. any failure to comprehend basic english is beyond the responsibility of other forum members.

rudy.
    Rudy - Again, you want him to be attacked by dogs and not let back into his line of work. Many on this forum worship you and your work, but anyone can see from you post above that you are just a bully with an agenda to attack those you do not like.

Who are you to know what I comprehend or not?

Who is the tool? You think he should be attacked by dogs as his punishment. Wow - Sounds like a great world you want us to live in.

re: Should Vick wear pork-chop underpants?

Joel
    Could you please lock this thread? It no longer serves the collecting community.

Re: Doesn T Vick Deserve A Second Chance?

Sorry, came in late here. I think a better comparison would be Pedro and the cockfighting issue. Sure, Vick went farther, but Pedro willingly took part in a "sport" that most of America finds reprehensible, yet he was allowed to play again. Also, didn't Ray Lewis watch his buddies murder a man? Yet covered it up, kept his mouth shut, and let them get off??? Don't thousands root for him every weekend? Wasn't he on the cover of SI? I'll bet he has fans right here on the forum, but I've never seen any outrage.

I think he paid the time for the crime, which was actually longer than many who have murdered and raped. I think he should be allowed to try to find success in whatever career he chooses. If his singular talent was as a medical researcher or brain surgeon, he'd be back in his job as either. Vick's talent is football, so he should be allowed to play football.

Any team that wants to sign him will fully be aware of the negative impact that Vick would bring on a team's image and ticket sales, so I think the point of this is moot.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Re: Should Vick wear pork-chop underpants?

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Joel
    Could you please lock this thread? It no longer serves the collecting community.
    Joel, come on... even you have to agree this is funny.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Joel, come on... even you have to agree this is funny.
    You know - I do not understand. I make my views and people have to attack them time and time again instead of discussing the topic.

I can't lock the thread, I have no clue why it is in Auction Item Discussions to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    You know - I do not understand. I make my views and people have to attack them time and time again instead of discussing the topic.

I can't lock the thread, I have no clue why it is in Auction Item Discussions to begin with.
    Warren's not attacking you ... he's just teasing you. There are folks on here who seem to wait for you to post sp that they can attack you, but there are also times when you take things the wrong way. Warren is far from a GUU bully.

As for why this thread is in the Auction Item Discussion section, you'll have to ask Dirtyla2000 (good luck with that discussion!). Joel v. Dirtyla2000 ... I know we'd all tune in for that!

I recently made a post in the General Discussion section about why GUU still has the separate sections (General Discussion and Auction Item Discussion). It seems like GUUers post a lot of threads in the wrong section. This is a prime example. Not a big deal by any means - I just thought it might be better to combine them. (Not a single person responded to my thread, so I think I am alone on that one!)
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

[quote=earlywynnfan;142109]Also, didn't Ray Lewis watch his buddies murder a man? Yet covered it up, kept his mouth shut, and let them get off??? Don't thousands root for him every weekend? Wasn't he on the cover of SI? I'll bet he has fans right here on the forum, but I've never seen any outrage.[quote]

This is a great point and something we've all seem to have forgotten about. We see Ray on magazines, on video game covers, on the NFL Network smoozed by the hosts, a celebrated player and celebrity yet nary a memory of a man having had his life taken in Lewis presence by Lewis associates.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people do not understand how the laws work in the United States of America.

Love it or Leave it but stop making your own rules because that is not how it works.

Or, vote for lawmakers who want an eye for an eye punishment system.

Good luck!

Oh, we understand how it works, Joel.

It works rather badly. That's why I say we go back to the old western days...

Don't make OUR own rules? What did big bad multi-millionaire Michael Vick do, Joel? Didn't he make HIS OWN RULES? Only problem is....he got arrested for it.

I read your posts, and I just don't understand why you have such contempt formorality. You are either hopelessly liberal to the farthest left anyone could possible be to a fault and then some, or you just enjoy starting arguments against all common sense for personal gratification and kicks.

Michael Vick is a punk. He deserves nothing, and like it.

[quote=nyjetsfan14;142157][quote=earlywynnfan;142109]Also, didn't Ray Lewis watch his buddies murder a man? Yet covered it up, kept his mouth shut, and let them get off??? Don't thousands root for him every weekend? Wasn't he on the cover of SI? I'll bet he has fans right here on the forum, but I've never seen any outrage.

This is a great point and something we've all seem to have forgotten about. We see Ray on magazines, on video game covers, on the NFL Network smoozed by the hosts, a celebrated player and celebrity yet nary a memory of a man having had his life taken in Lewis presence by Lewis associates.

I'm as disgusted by Ray as anyone. I loathe the dude's face every time I see it. He is a hienous criminal who escaped justice like O.J. did his first time around. Not to mention, I just don't like his personality and aggressive attitude in how he carries himself. So what, he's a football player. I know several people who have never thrown the "pigskin" around that could whoop his ass, so what difference does it make?

That said, the point you guys need to differentiate between Ray and Vick is that Ray was aquitted from the charges against him....Vick was found quilty.

Therefore, the stigma of what Vick did will never leave his side. Ray can claim he did nothing wrong, and has a juries decision to back it up.....right or wrong as it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Vick did his time. He paid his debt to society. But he was killing society.
    Killing society?

Last time I checked, Dogs aren't people and shouldn't be treated like such

They are animals that can turn on you at any time with dangerous results

Vick was/is a victim of his environment but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have been held accountable for what he did

I place more blame on his parents and the people that guided him throughout his life until now more than I blame Vick for what was done
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com