Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Doesn T Vick Deserve A Second Chance?

Just an outsider's viewpoint here. I started loathing Vikings football the year a few players at different times were charged with rape and got no punishment. At the time, Denny Green's response was something akin to "boys will be boys." Later similar charges were mentioned about him. Then there was the Love Boat scandal. Just to name a few local incidents.

I had said I would never go to a Viking's game as long as Green and R. Moss were around. They are both long gone and I still have no interest. (Moss hit a security/police official with his car, there was a joint in the ashtray - no charges. Yeah, Randy Moss 'I play when I want to play.' The guy that heads to the locker room with time on the clock. Who if the ball isn't going to be thrown to him, would take two steps and stop.) Doesn't even surprise me there are rumors for the Vikings taking Vick - even with Childress' public acclamations that criminal/bad conduct does not have a place with the Vikings any longer.

I know no sport is pure. But I'll "pass" on football.

Re: Doesn't T Vick Deserve A Second Chance?

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    I place more blame on his parents and the people that guided him throughout his life until now more than I blame Vick for what was done
    That's where I made my mistake. I got confused because I thought he was an adult not a child.

Killing society?

Last time I checked, Dogs aren't people and shouldn't be treated like such

They are animals that can turn on you at any time with dangerous results

Vick was/is a victim of his environment but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have been held accountable for what he did

I place more blame on his parents and the people that guided him throughout his life until now more than I blame Vick for what was done
    chakes89......."was" was a typo....should have read "wasn't". After it was posted, I couldn't change it, and if you read the next line, I was hoping everyone could figure out what I meant to say.

"Last time I checked, Dogs aren't people and shouldn't be treated like such"

and should therefore be killed for amusement? anyway, it's true that dogs aren't like people; unlike vick and many of his pals, i've yet to meet a dog who kills purely to entertain himself. seems even dogs have progressed beyond the sort of reprehensible behavior that still plagues some people.

given that dogs do everything from fight in wars, help the handicapped, keep the borders and airports safe, search for missing people, etc., they're as much a part of society as anyone else. should a dog ever rescue your life, be sure you remember he shouldn't be accorded the same respect as a person.

"They are animals that can turn on you at any time with dangerous results"

completely unlike people, right?

rudy.

Rudy, you get a hug for that post!

Killing society?

Last time I checked, Dogs aren't people and shouldn't be treated like such

They are animals that can turn on you at any time with dangerous results

Vick was/is a victim of his environment but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have been held accountable for what he did

finally some common sense!

Re: Should Vick wear pork-chop underpants?

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Warren's not attacking you ... he's just teasing you. There are folks on here who seem to wait for you to post sp that they can attack you, but there are also times when you take things the wrong way. Warren is far from a GUU bully.

As for why this thread is in the Auction Item Discussion section, you'll have to ask Dirtyla2000 (good luck with that discussion!). Joel v. Dirtyla2000 ... I know we'd all tune in for that!

I recently made a post in the General Discussion section about why GUU still has the separate sections (General Discussion and Auction Item Discussion). It seems like GUUers post a lot of threads in the wrong section. This is a prime example. Not a big deal by any means - I just thought it might be better to combine them. (Not a single person responded to my thread, so I think I am alone on that one!)
    GO LICK YOUR DOG!!!!!!!1

"That said, the point you guys need to differentiate between Ray and Vick is that Ray was aquitted from the charges against him....Vick was found quilty.

Therefore, the stigma of what Vick did will never leave his side. Ray can claim he did nothing wrong, and has a juries decision to back it up.....right or wrong as it may be."

Right or wrong as that may be???? I think we might be contradicting ourselves here. I thought we were discussing right versus wrong here. I love dogs, always have and always will. They are incredible creatures and are as loyal and loving as an animal could be. However, to suggest that Ray Lewis can defend himself on the basis of what a jury decided is missing the point. In fact, I would suggest that getting away with being an accomplice to murdering a human being is FAR worse than getting caught killing dogs. If anything, Vick should at least be given the benefit of the doubt over Ray Ray because he will have served his time before playing in the NFL.

If you truley believe that Lewis was innocent, then my argument doesn't hold any water. But if Ray did get away with being an accomplice to a murder, don't you think his penalty should have been more severe than what Vick got? Hell, Lewis got off without a slap on the wrist and there are people here defending him over Michael Vick. Absolutely ridiculous...

I fully expect a thread defending OJ because he was "acquitted" of murdering his ex-wife and Ron Goldman, because a jury said so. At least he had that going for him, prior to commiting armed robbery....

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyla2000 View Post
    GO LICK YOUR DOG!!!!!!!1
    Dirty/Perry - Chris Cavalier has already had to delete some of your unconscionable posts and attacks in this thread (not to mention your other beautiful and intelligent threads). Your insistence in behaving in this manner does nothing but expose to the GUU community your character and value. You seem to be completely incapable of contributing in a meaningful manner. Again, very sad.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Dirty/Perry - Chris Cavalier has already had to delete some of your unconscionable posts and attacks in this thread (not to mention your other beautiful and intelligent threads). Your insistence in behaving in this manner does nothing but expose to the GUU community your character and value. You seem to be completely incapable of contributing in a meaningful manner. Again, very sad.

I'm sure I'm not the only member here that agrees with you.