Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Just Got My Pete Rose Holy Grail...

Arrived in mail today. Talk about a young kid in the candy store! Pete Rose 1975 H&B R195. From the season they beat the Sox in the 1975 WS and Rose was WS MVP. Bat is a perfect PSA 10 PSA-DNA John Taube. Uncracked (never repaired)-But just great use all over it. You can read the coa for all the details. I believe he only ordered about 50 of these bats in the middle of the 1975 season. He was mostly using the Adirondack 69A model in 75 and 76 (I have this bat too), so not many of these out there that were ever used this much. Sometime this summer I will try to get Pete to sign this GAME USED down in Vegas. Alright, thanks for checking this out all you Charlie Hustle fans.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: Just Got My Pete Rose Holy Grail...

congrats...have you found any pictures of Rose using a similar bat in '75? (the picture you posted is from his '74 Topps card; probably taken in '73).

Good Job!

Banned

No-not yet. I just threw that picture on there. I'll be searching though. I got the 75 WS on DVD, but I'm pretty sure he used his Adirondack in that WS, so it probably won't be easy.

Anyone interested in a racing program that was autographed by Pete Rose a few years ago Atlantic City? My mother ran into him there at an OTB and he signed the racing program for her.

Greg, awesome Rose bat. Congrats on the pick up!
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

halofan

congrats on the bat, it is really nice

What does a 'gem' like this cost? Just curious since I know nothing of baseball game used value.

Congrats on obtaining your Holy Grail!!! So now what is your next Grail?

Banned

Well, the old bats of big name players that get perfect 10 grades, do not go cheap. The Bench 1976 bat, psa 10, in the Huggins and Scott auction that just ended, went for about 8k with buyers premium included. This bat was a year older, with much fewer made than the Bench bat. My Rose was 3k+. The next grail? I don't know. I'd like to get a Rose jersey from the 70's too. I had to sell quite a bit of my collection just to the the 75 Rose bat though. So we'll see.

That is a beauty. So, do you plan on removing the autograph and just having him sign the bat again? Do you plan on having him personalizing the bat and if so, to say what?