Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Doesn T Vick Deserve A Second Chance?

I cant believe some people think MICHAEL VICK should not be allowed to play ball again! He did his time and lost everything! I would love to see him back! I believe what drunk drivers do to be much worst, and in sports that sort of behaviour is tolerted. Just because you got lucky and didn t kill anyone while boozed up is no excuse!

Re: Doesn T Vick Deserve A Second Chance?

I totally agree.

Mr.3000

I have ZERO compassion for either Vick brother. They are, in my own opinion, thugs. I have zero tolerance for thugs. What's worse, is that they both act like privileged thugs....as if they deserver special treatment and/or are allowed to act the way they act because they have some atheltic ability.

They are not the exception these days, they are the norm when it comes to athletes coming out of Virginia.

I live in Va. I see it on a daily basis.

I don't have a problem with him playing again, though I will admit that I doubt I'll ever be able to look at or think of Vick again without immediately thinking of the chronic cruelty of animals he financed and otherwise enabled/supported. He did his time and if the NFL wants to let him play, I don't have a problem with it. But it will be hard for me to simply forget his crimes. As for the comparison of Vick's behavior to drunk driving, that is irrelevant. The latter has nothing to do with the assessment or treatment of the former. Murder is worse than theft, but I hope we would not let a thief off the hook simply because he did not murder anyone. Let's stick to the issue.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I'm sure that there is a team that will sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.3000 View Post
    I have ZERO compassion for either Vick brother. They are, in my own opinion, thugs. I have zero tolerance for thugs. What's worse, is that they both act like privileged thugs....as if they deserver special treatment and/or are allowed to act the way they act because they have some atheltic ability.

They are not the exception these days, they are the norm when it comes to athletes coming out of Virginia.

I live in Va. I see it on a daily basis.
    I'm with you. I have no compassion for either brother. Both have had such a long history of legal problems that there's no doubt things will continue that way. I'll never forget the issues Marcus had while at VT from bringing alcohol to three underage girls at a party, to brandishing a firearm at a McDonald's, to having sexual relations with a 15 year old girl and lastly, to stomping on Elvis Dumervil's leg during a game against Lousville. Sadly, that's only the beginning on the litany of legal problems he has faced.

On the other hand, what type of person does it take to subject animals to the type of cruelty that Michael subjected them to? All I can say about that is that what he did to those dogs was both disgusting and inhumane. Does he deserve a second chance? I don't think so and I can't say I will be pulling for him if he does come back.

Tim

Banned

Re: Doesn't T Vick Deserve A Second Chance?

So, the guy committed a crime, served his time and now he should be able to reenter society and continue his life, right?

Banned

So Mr. Vick served his time and now he seeks compassion from us and the NFL so he can return to football and make millions of dollars. What was the line in the Batman Begins movie, "Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society".

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    So Mr. Vick served his time and now he seeks compassion from us and the NFL so he can return to football and make millions of dollars. What was the line in the Batman Begins movie, "Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society".

Jim
    Well stated.

In response to the earlier statement about drunk driving:

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyla2000 View Post
    I cant believe some people think MICHAEL VICK should not be allowed to play ball again! He did his time and lost everything! I would love to see him back! I believe what drunk drivers do to be much worst, and in sports that sort of behaviour is tolerted. Just because you got lucky and didn t kill anyone while boozed up is no excuse!
    He should lose everything - he's a CRIMINAL!!! And you're right, just because you didn't KILL anyone is no excuse... well this piece of CRAP has NO excuse - he went OUT OF HIS WAY to KILL Dogs that didn't fight as well as he wanted them too.

He had everything and thought he was ABOVE THE LAW - so now people like you want to REWARD him and let him keep his former lavish lifestyle and go back to making millions??? Great lesson for the younger generations:

"Become wealthy and famous, do whatever the hell you want. If you get caught, do your time and we'll make sure you get right back to the status quo you were at previously."

So I guess you think once Uncle Bernie Maddoff serves his time he should be allowed to come back and manage people's money again because he's served his time??? He did drunk drive or kill anyone...

What about all the other 'white collar' criminals??? We should let them all go back to what made them rich in the first place - even though they are also CRIMINALS???

There is NO Reasonable argument that can be made why ANY Athlete or Celebrity that has committed a crime - particularly a FELONY like Michael Vick - should be allowed to just resume their previous 'Jet Set' lifestyle.

Show me where American business is openly hiring Ex-Cons who also 'served their time' so they can move ahead in life.

If Vick takes the $10 an hour Construction Job he has talked about taking and does some back breaking REAL work like the rest of us, I will be impressed.

It still doesn't make me believe the NFL should just open their arms and welcome him back - but, unfortunately (like every Pro Sport) they will because he was one of their ELITE and the bottom line is the $$$ he will bring to the game from the fans.

Just my .02

- Chris

(P.S. - JIM (cohiba)... per the docs yesterday, I should be back at work by the 2nd week of June which means we will start the Negotiation/Settlement phase... which means I can complete my hat deal with you sometime in either June or July!!! I will drop you an eMail next week... Chris)

Banned

Re: Doesn't T Vick Deserve A Second Chance?

Michael Vick is a moron who lied when he got caught so he went to jail. The guy promoted dog fights. Sick? Yes, very, but his punishment was set and now he should look to return to his line of work and rejoin society when everything ends in a few months.

I personally felt he was an overrated quarterback. Broke Bobby Douglas' record for quarterback rushing but was a poor quarterback who couldn't pass. He was the most popular player in the sport before his controversy started.

He didn't get caught killing humans, he didn't get caught dealing or abusing drugs. He got caught in a dog fighting deal that would have blown over if he didn't lie when first questioned about it.

So, he was punished, he feels rehabilitated and now it is time to find work in his field of expertise. Best of luck to him in his pursuit.

I just finished an issue of Sports Illustrated from 1983. The issue or so before had a great article about Howard Cosell. The letters section in the back of the magazine tore SI to pieces for the piece. People just hated Cosell. No difference here - People don't want to let a guy who was punished for his non-human life threatening crime come back to society? Why? He is a moron, but he deserves a chance to fail again in the NFL.