Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Create the Hall of Famer

On another forum I'm on, we started a game of "create the Hall of Famer". It's pretty basic...you take an eligible non-HOFer and combine him with another eligible non-HOFer and figure out where the composite would rank all-time.

My favorite is this one. Try to imagine a catcher that combined the offense of Ted Simmons with the defense of Jim Sundberg. Not only would he be in Cooperstown for sure, but we'd be looking at someone who would rank among the top five catchers in history.

At third, I like a combination of Darrell Evans and any 3rd baseman with a .300 batting average. The only thing that prevents Evans from being a serious HOF candidate is his batting average (.248 in 2,687 games). This would put him into the top seven, which would still be behind Ron Santo (who should already be in).

Who else can conjure up a HOFer? I only ask to refrain from the obvious like Mark McGwire.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Re: Create the Hall of Famer

Not sure if this is open to basketball, but, if so, I would go with
    Shane Battier's relentless defense plus Amare Stoudamire's dynamic offense -- with this combo, you'd have a sure-fire Hall of Famer. Neither one will make the Hall, though.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Not sure if this is open to basketball, but, if so, I would go with
    Shane Battier's relentless defense plus Amare Stoudamire's dynamic offense -- with this combo, you'd have a sure-fire Hall of Famer. Neither one will make the Hall, though.
    Tony Oliva + Cal Ripken Jr. = O. Mi. Hof

Quote Originally Posted by cordovacollector View Post
    ??
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    On another forum I'm on, we started a game of "create the Hall of Famer". It's pretty basic...you take an eligible non-HOFer and combine him with another eligible non-HOFer and figure out where the composite would rank all-time.

My favorite is this one. Try to imagine a catcher that combined the offense of Ted Simmons with the defense of Jim Sundberg. Not only would he be in Cooperstown for sure, but we'd be looking at someone who would rank among the top five catchers in history.

At third, I like a combination of Darrell Evans and any 3rd baseman with a .300 batting average. The only thing that prevents Evans from being a serious HOF candidate is his batting average (.248 in 2,687 games). This would put him into the top seven, which would still be behind Ron Santo (who should already be in).

Who else can conjure up a HOFer? I only ask to refrain from the obvious like Mark McGwire.
    Darrell Evans + Bill Madlock

Madlock was a 3rd baseman (1400 games) and a 3 time all star with a lifetime .305 average. He had 4 NL batting championships and a WS championship to his credit in "79.

I would take all the 'Roid Boys' and put them into one 'HULK' player! 195 HR, 6015 RBI's, and a .965 Batting Average in a single season.

Now that is a HOF'er!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cordovacollector View Post

uuuuum don't get it????

How about Andre Dawson + 2 Healthy Knees
    or
    Andre Dawson - Astro Turf in Olympic Stadium

Not really what you were talking about, so I'll throw this out there for good measure.

Mark Grace + Fred McGriff's power
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    uuuuum don't get it????
    I think it has to do with the reoccurring collector injury she has
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I'm Game -

Dale Murphy: 398 HR,1266 RBI, .265 BA (2xMVP)
    Willie McGee: 352 SB, .295 BA, 2254 H (2x Batting champ and 1x MVP)

Wille Murphy or Dale McGee:

477HR, 513 SB, 2122 RBI, 4365 H, .280 BA (3MVP, 7 Gold Gloves, 11 AS appearances, 2 batting titles, 2 HR titles)

That's a heck of a player...and a HOFer. More hits than Rose...3rd All time in RBI...and a GREAT defensive center fielder.

There - that's my contribution. Nice thread.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]