Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Memorial Day Rememberance

Well since its "officially" Memorial Day where I am (on vacation) I'd like to take this time to remember a few buddies who gave their lives for the ultimate sacrifice.

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM (UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS)

Sgt Aldrich
    Cpl Parcell
    Cpl Haynes
    Cpl Lee
    Cpl Wyatt
    Lcpl Cayer

Semper Fidelis Marines!

Re: Memorial Day Rememberance

i came across this website when search for baseball players who served our country.

http://www.baseballinwartime.com
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Bumping this since its now Memorial Day in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    i came across this website when search for baseball players who served our country.

http://www.baseballinwartime.com
    For a day when so many are enjoying the day off, it is good to remember the true meaning of the day and thank those who served our great country and gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Bob Feller threw out the 1st pitch yesterday at the Washington Nationals game.

In the Post-Game radio show they talked about the big 3 that served many years in World War II Feller, Hank Greenberg, and Ted Williams who are prominently mentioned on the homepage of the website you referenced.

What was discussed was the milestones these 3 missed in their baseball careers:

Bob Feller would have won 350 games
    Hank Greenberg would have hit 500 HRs
    Ted Williams would have hit in the upper 600 in HRs and these radio guys think he could have made a run at 700 HRs.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Bob Feller yesterday!

Name:  4684_114688008312_627133312_2556948_3565426_n.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  60.6 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Don't forget that Teddy Ballgame also served his country during the Korean War as well.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    For a day when so many are enjoying the day off, it is good to remember the true meaning of the day and thank those who served our great country and gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Bob Feller threw out the 1st pitch yesterday at the Washington Nationals game.

In the Post-Game radio show they talked about the big 3 that served many years in World War II Feller, Hank Greenberg, and Ted Williams who are prominently mentioned on the homepage of the website you referenced.

What was discussed was the milestones these 3 missed in their baseball careers:

Bob Feller would have won 350 games
    Hank Greenberg would have hit 500 HRs
    Ted Williams would have hit in the upper 600 in HRs and these radio guys think he could have made a run at 700 HRs.

Banned

Great time at the park yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballGM View Post
    Great time at the park yesterday.
    Kevin - Nice pics!!! Don't forget to email/call about the Jordan Zimmermann items.

Don't forget that Teddy Ballgame also served his country during the Korean War as well.

Absolutely. My father is a veteran of the Korean War too.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Thanks to all the men and women who have died defending my country. Thanks to all of their families for their sacrifices. I admit, I never have had and do not have the guts to serve in the military.
    Thank-you and God bless the United States of America.