Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: josportsco and LeBron James game worn MUST READ

Not sure which playoff game against the Magic it was but I saw Lebron take out his jersey and it had that special Cavs patch.

Jojo

I think this is the picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  

March 10 against the Clippers this year
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Texans ... great photos. I was told that the Cavs started putting this patch on LeBron's jerseys in 06/07. This person did not say they were limited to MeiGray jerseys, but they have definitely appeared on the LeBron jerseys sold by MeiGray/NBA Auctions. Clearly, they are on more than the LeBron jerseys that go to MeiGray, though. Jarrod stated that it is a fact that they are not on all LeBron jerseys, so I hope he will post here to show photo-evidence or tell us how he knows this to be the case. Interesting stuff. Thanks for your posts.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Texans ... great photos. I was told that the Cavs started putting this patch on LeBron's jerseys in 06/07. This person did not say they were limited to MeiGray jerseys, but they have definitely appeared on the LeBron jerseys sold by MeiGray/NBA Auctions. Clearly, they are on more than the LeBron jerseys that go to MeiGray, though. Jarrod stated that it is a fact that they are not on all LeBron jerseys, so I hope he will post here to show photo-evidence or tell us how he knows this to be the case. Interesting stuff. Thanks for your posts.
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=12721

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    Thanks, Rudy. I had never seen this thread. Well, this shows that the Cavs definitely started adding this patch before the 2007-08 season, which supports what I was told. It also supports what I was told about the patch only being applied to LeBron's jerseys. I understand that this was done to prevent fraud (i.e., game issues being passed off as game worns, as we have seen so much of on eBay), something I imagine is much less of a concern regarding other Cavs players' jerseys. I look forward to Jarrod's next post. It sounds like he knows more about this. Perhaps Barry was able to find out more about this LeBron-specific tagging, as well. Great pics, Rudy ... thanks.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

P.S. We should be grateful that the special Cavs tag is not applied to any other player's jerseys. This would provide frauds with the ability to switch the tags from the common players to LeBron's game issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    josportsco-Thanks,it's just funny when people say how tough a gamer is to find of some players,and that they (the player)claim they don't give them up,but yet they still find thier way to the market.Like barry bonds,he said he never gives up his game used items,but you still see them.In fact i remember watching the story on espn where he said that,when they were doing some show following him.And they showed him in like a storage room full of game used items as he labled a uniform from the days previuos game and put it in a contaner and put it on a shelf and he said "that he always keeps them".
    I would be interested in taking a peek at the ESPN story just to see what Barry's got going on and what kind of system he uses to keep track of his stuff. Anyone know if this story can be found easily online? I tried youtube but no luck.