Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baseball card storage

What is the best way to store baseball cards? I like the binder method, as they are portable and I can view them in a convenient way. However, I'm worried about some of my cards getting damaged (like auto cards). I'd really like to use the binder method, but find those card pages big enough to hold cards in those thicker indivdiual card holders. Any ideas?

Re: Baseball card storage

I leave the key cards of my collection in my display case for my enjoyment and the others I have stored in an old card catalogue from a library. The drawers are the perfect size for an 800 count box and depending on the size of your collection/card catalogue you can designate one year and make per drawer. I dig it. People always ask about it and then when they see all the hard work and organizing that I have done people normally really dig it. Good Luck.

wade

Try to get the D-shaped rings so that the pages lie flatter than they would in a regular 3-ring binder
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

The best way to keep and protect your cards is to use Top Loaders or the magnetic holders, then store them in a "shoebox" for cards. They can too easily be damaged in plastic sheets.

MDUBE16 - I shot you an email the other day.

Thanks
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

The key to storing cards is the penny sleeve. Those things are cheap and really protect the corners. On all of my vintage cards, each one is placed in a penny sleeve, then placed in a toploader if they are a star. Either way, they are then placed in a 5,000 count white box you can buy at your local card shop for a couple bucks.

Most people think the screw downs are the best for cards. It really isnt. Try putting a PSA 10 card in a screw down and shake it for 10 minutes. You'll have a PSA 3 real quick.

Penny sleeve-toploader-white box. Best way to go. Binders are probably the worst, unless they are 89-90 Score.

Get them slabbed - SGC is the best!

I haven't had the magnetics holders fail me yet. The good ones have a groove around the corners so that the corners are not even touching the case. These are the best in my opinion and the best way to protect the corners, which are easily the part most often damaged. Ricardo
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

As someone who has collected, bought and sold cards from Old Judges to Refractors, nothing beats penny sleeves with top holders for singles. Great protection, cheap and you can look at them all you want. For bulk, 800 count boxes are great. I've always been wary of binders/albums, but lots of people use them.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    As someone who has collected, bought and sold cards from Old Judges to Refractors, nothing beats penny sleeves with top holders for singles. Great protection, cheap and you can look at them all you want. For bulk, 800 count boxes are great. I've always been wary of binders/albums, but lots of people use them.
    i have to agree on high end stuff that penny sleeves and top holders works well.

for commons D-shaped ring binders should work nicely. they seem to lay flat better than other binders. when the binders dont lay flat, the cards could be accidently damaged
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.